Saying Hello

Options
I have been using the site for a bit but have not used the forum yet. I started using the app for my droid so I could track my calories but started using the full site. My biggest problem is will power with food. It's like I deviate from my diet once and then I give myself a hall pass since it is already ruined for the day I might as well kill it. I am exercising nearly everyday at least cardio and have started using a workout video that is kicking my *kitten* but I know the results will be great. I really lack support I think. My husband works an off shift from me and so does the girl that was doing this with me. We were each others support. So needless to say I am not getting too much support. I am hoping by interacting with the forum I might get more support on this site at least. I think if I were discussing weight loss, nutrition, exercise and lifestyle changes with people that were doing the same I might be more app to stick with it. I have stalled because I eat foods I know I should not and even though I am not gaining, I am not losing either. Thanks

Deepmidnyght

Replies

• Uhlissuh
    Uhlissuh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's like you're my twin! Sort of..haha! I have the same issue. I work out every single day and although I'm not necessarily gaining, I'm not losing either because I have no will power when it comes to food. It's suuuuper hard. And I'm like you in that I also feel like once I've blown it for the day, then there's no use even trying.

I, too, have been looking for more support on this site. I'll send you a friend request and do my best! :)
  • Elaine280
    Options
    Hello I have the same problem. I get friends who say Yeah I'll walk with you or we can go to the gym but they never do and I am stuck by myself. It is hard to say no to something that looks so good. Well like you i need all the support i can get, so hope it works for you!
  • terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Baby steps... master one thing at a time and it will come together...One bad meal won't undo all the good....just try to focus on at least one completly good meal a day then shoot for 2 a day....and then the whole day....pretty soon it will be a habit..you can do it...just by reahing out for help you have takin a huge step in the right direction..just don't quit on yourself!!! you can add me if you like ..good luck!!!!
  • deepmidnyght
    deepmidnyght Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling that most of us trying to get healthy and lose weight run into this same problem but it is my largest obstacle. Motivation and willpower. ARGHHH. :)
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi - You sound just like me (mitts1970) - I was on here Nov/Dec of last year and have been off since the holidays until today. I also slip and then make excuses to let myself keep slipping and then I'm back to square one. I think the key is support, not being to hard on yourself and getting right back to it if you do slip. Allowing yourself a cheat day/meal/treat is a good thing too - that way you aren't depriving yourself of the occasional guilty pleasure! You're doing great - keep it up and feel free to add me to your support network - I need support too and completely understand how you feel!