fighting the cravings!

nikibob
nikibob Posts: 165 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I posted recently about having a lot of trouble fighting the feeling of being hungry all the time. I got some great advice that has worked for me and I thought I would post it here in case it might help one of you wonderful people on your journey! Whenever you get a craving for food and its not a mealtime, pick a certain time that you will allow yourself to eat it that is 20 minutes away. Tell yourself that if you can make it to there then you will allow yourself to have it. I've tried that method today and by the time the 20 mins is up I don't even want it anymore! This will be a great diet-saver for me. You may need to tweak the amount of time you are waiting to fit your own needs but so far this has been an excellent method for me. Good luck to you all!

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    cravings are the bodies way of telling you what it needs, so i would spend more time learning the messages and getting to know your body as well.
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    If you eat out of boredom that's awesome advice!
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    That's why I always allow myself whatever it was I was craving if I make it to the 20 minute mark. If I still want it after 20 minutes then it's more than just stress-eating. But listening to your body's needs is definitely an important thing to learn!
  • Great idea!
  • I bet that works! Because whenever I say I'm going off my diet, I feel fine. Could careless to eat. I actually gain weight cause everyday I'm going to start a diet so I eat everything in site. I will try this. Thanks
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Nice plan! I will try this - thanks!:wink:
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks for the tip! Very useful advise:)
This discussion has been closed.