Perfect Pork Chops

Options
woja9640
woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
I know pork chops can be one of the things you can find it hard to figure out how to cook. You use shake & bake, pan fry, or bake it.

Well, I was on All Recipes.com and found this delicious recipe.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with foil (spray with cooking spray to avoid the food sticking). Then take one red onion and one red delicious apple - cut them into slices and line the bottom of the pan. Save a slice of the apple from the pan.

Take a single serving of 4.9 oz pork chop season to taste with salt and pepper, then place it in the pan on the onion and apple. Drizzle everything with 1 tbsp of ketchup and 2 tsp of brown sugar.

Take the extra slice of apple you saved and place ontop of the chop and put it in the oven for 35-45 min, or until the chop if 160 in the center.

I made this for my family last night and it was such a hit. It was definitely the best tasting pork chops I have ever had. Not only that, but if you add in a serving of steamed veggies the whole meal is less than 350 calories, not counting if you have something other than water for the drink to go with dinner.

If you try it, please tell me what you think!

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy!! Thanks!
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Was it bone in or boneless?
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I always have trouble finding a way to fix pork chops. I usually grill them but they are so dry. Will give this a try. Thanks.
  • BLewy
    BLewy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Bump for later =]
  • woja9640
    Options
    Was it bone in or boneless?

It was boneless.

And I agree sometimes pork chop turn out soooooo dry when cooking them the otherways. But these porck chops were sooo juicy and flavorful.

God makes me hungry just thinking about them LOL.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bump. Looks good!
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    *bump,, want to try this later!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thanks--the recipe sounds great!

Question: Bake covered or uncovered?
  • woja9640
    Options
    Thanks--the recipe sounds great!

Question: Bake covered or uncovered?

Sorry forgot to put that. Bake uncovered.

Like I said earlier, it was the best pork chops I have ever had. Normally my family will pan fry or shake and bake or grill or bake the pork chops singlely without anything but season salt. I found the recipe and decided to try it. It has become a new favorite way to cook pork chops now.
  • sherdzn
    sherdzn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can't wait ti try this recipe. Always looking for something new to try.
  • woja9640
    Options
    I am glad everyone seems to enjoy this recipe. If you try it, please message me and tell me what you think of it.

I would love the feedback.

Have a great day everyone and stay healthy.
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yummy...
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    We have a restaurant here in town that has a two pork chop apple cinnamon dinner. I get it with a baked potato. I cut the potato in half and eat one half and the other half along with one of the chops I take home for another meal. Ends up being pretty inexpensive and yes the apple taste with the chop is great.
  • woja9640
    Options
    Thanks for all the great comments everyone, if you have tried this recipe please let me know how it turned out and what you thought.
  • shifty73
    shifty73 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for this recipe, was just looking at my uncooked chops & wondering what I could do with them,looked through the recipes & found yours, So I'm going to try it today!!
    Before my dieting & low fat cooking days I used to do a similar recipe, only it had added to the pork chops,peppers,onion,mushrooms,fresh toms,parma ham,loads of seasoning & mozarella cheese topping,but I did'nt cut the fat off so it was a bit of a fattening dish but oh sooo nice as the chops used to fall to bits they were so moist too...
    Will let you know how it turns out, although I may tweak it a little as I don't really like the sound of the red sauce.
  • woja9640
    Options
    Ok everyone, I just mde the pork chops last night, but I altered the recipe and instead of using ketchup, I used plain tomato sauce, and it was even better than with the ketchup because it's not as sweet.
  • meganwolsker
    Options
    bump
  • woja9640
    Options
    bump ; )
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mestupscout