New and Need Feedback, please

Options
Here is my workout sched. I am not loosing like I want (2-3 per week)
Suggestions?
I was NOT eating my workout calories all the while secretly feeling quite righteous.. Turns out, I HAVE to eat them in order to loose weight.
I have been working out 6 days a week since June 1 and before I joined you all two weeks ago, I had not, since June 1, lost ONE POUND!
Now, I was well aware it was because of my food portions. Now that I am maintaining my 6X a week work-out and watching my food, and I have to admit, I had an expectation, fueled by my 3lb.loss last week, that I was going to loose like this every week.
AH, pride sucks, don't it?
Is there something different I could do with my work-out schedule?
Current Work-out Sched:
Fit Camp Mon
Weight Tues
Fit Camp Wed
Weight Thur
Spin Fri
Yoga Sat

Susan

Replies

• susangilbert
    Options
    Here is my workout sched. I am not loosing like I want (2-3 per week)
    Suggestions?
    I was NOT eating my workout calories all the while secretly feeling quite righteous.. Turns out, I HAVE to eat them in order to loose weight.
    I have been working out 6 days a week since June 1 and before I joined you all two weeks ago, I had not, since June 1, lost ONE POUND!
    Now, I was well aware it was because of my food portions. Now that I am maintaining my 6X a week work-out and watching my food, and I have to admit, I had an expectation, fueled by my 3lb.loss last week, that I was going to loose like this every week.
    AH, pride sucks, don't it?
    Is there something different I could do with my work-out schedule?
    Current Work-out Sched:
    Fit Camp Mon
    Weight Tues
    Fit Camp Wed
    Weight Thur
    Spin Fri
    Yoga Sat

Susan
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    What is your daily caloric intake and how are you calculating calories burned?

I asked the second question because sites like this and machines can only GUESS how much your burning. A Heart Rate Monitor will be able to tell you exactly, there in avoiding not eating enough/too much.
  • Fab140
    Options
    O....and are you taking measurements? When you're working out that hard, you're probably shrinking everywhere but the scale.
  • susangilbert
    Options
    Yes, my clothes are fitting great...better than they have in 10 years!
    My calories burned is only an approx. but my trainer is pretty good at calculating this.
    My cal intake is based on my current weight and what I would like to loose by June next year (60 lbs).
    Thoughts?
  • Fab140
    Options
    You may be needing to eat more. Trying to lose 2-3 pounds a week may be putting your body at too large of a defict.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    step away from the scale and focus on measurements and how clothes are fitting.

the scale is an evil depressing warped machine. lose it!!!!

:happy:
  • Fab140
    Options
    I just read through your first post and it seems that you have just recently realized you should be eating your excecise calories. That's the issue right there! Here, read through this link.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

It gives you the down-low on all the calories and excercise you need.

:flowerforyou:
  • susangilbert
    Options
    Great advice. I will do just that...
    I will weigh in and ask that my trainer NOT tell me. That will keep my ego and expectations at bay.
    Great idea. Thanks!
  • Kylie30
    Kylie30 Posts: 16
    Options
    Chances are you are not eating enough. Your body may be in starvation mode and hanging onto everything you put in your mouth. I would at the diet and see if you need to eat more carbs, protein etc...eating six times a day will also help...
  • susangilbert
    Options
    I just read through your first post and it seems that you have just recently realized you should be eating your excecise calories. That's the issue right there! Here, read through this link.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

It gives you the down-low on all the calories and excercise you need.

:flowerforyou:
  • susangilbert
    Options
    Ok. I went back and recalculated my activity level. I too had it set way too high as i thought my 6x week vigorous workouts meant a higher activity rating. I am a college professor and although i am on my feet a bunch and have to schlep across campus, etc. I am also at my computer for a few hours 5 days a week.
    Thanks for your help!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Ok. I went back and recalculated my activity level. I too had it set way too high as i thought my 6x week vigorous workouts meant a higher activity rating. I am a college professor and although i am on my feet a bunch and have to schlep across campus, etc. I am also at my computer for a few hours 5 days a week.
    Thanks for your help!

Ya know I thought the very same thing when I joined...put myself higher on the activity level per day than needed as I too thought it meant EVERYTHING we do each day including our workouts. So it was giving me like 3000 some odd calories to eat, plus then I would have had to eat my excercise calories on top of that...YIKES...

Sure glad I read a post where someone set me straight on THAT early on!
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Keep going. Sometimes it just takes a while!

Also, losing 3 lbs a week consistently is not an obtainable goal unless you are extremly obese. Striving for 1.5 a week is more managable for your body to lose and maintain. :wink: