New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hello all,

I'm new to myfitnesspal, but not new to the concept of logging and successfully losing weight as a result. I was on LiveStrong last year and between Sept 09 and March 10, I lost 40 lbs! The bad news is I quit making myself accountable and went back to my old, evil ways (rather a rude wake-up call, if I do say so myself). I'm back and want to go from my current 167 down to 150 or even into the 140s if possible. I'm hoping to talk my ortho Doc into doing a knee replacement on me and need to show him that I'm serious about getting healthy. I've had a different attitude this week and hope it's something I'll be able to hold on to.

Why O WHY must I be a slave to food??? LOL

Replies

• GranP
    GranP Posts: 38
    Options
    You can do it. Good luck and stay focused. GranP
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Everyone on here is very helpful and supportive! Hold on to your great attitude and you'll be able to reach all of your goals!!! Good luck!!
  • giro429
    giro429 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi there, welcome! :)

I was previously on WeightWatchers, lost 40, then some life stuff happened and I stopped, as you did, becoming accountable for myself and slowly returned back to my old ways. Don't give up, you know how to do this, you've been logging, this is no different than LiveStrong. Just keep in mind the goal and take it on a daily basis...only thing, that a dear friend that lost all of his weight, told me...each time you are about to stick a piece of food in your mouth, ask yourself, is this something good for my body and healthy?

it should become a mantra for all of us, we can do it, just keep the attitude up. The fact you joined is already a good indicator you are ready to do this.

Cheers