Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss

Options
olowra
olowra Posts: 4 Member
I have heard that if you take 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water before meals you will loose weight. Has anyone tried this, does it work?

Replies

• Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    It does not work. And over use of apple cider vinegar can eat away the enamel at your teeth and is horrible on your tummy.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    A few years back someone told my husband to try it for something else he was dealing with and they said it helped with weight loss too so I tried it. EWWWW! I still cannot stand to even smell Apple Cider Vinegar. LOL! Didn't work for his problems and not sure about the weight loss because I could only stand to get it down a couple of times.
  • SwissMaedel
    Options
    I've heard of all sorts of "miracles" that apple cider vinegar can cure. I tried putting it my water, but that is disgusting. I put it on my salad. I'm sure it, like any other foods, can't miraculously make you lose weight. Exercise & eating a healthy diet overall is the key.
  • TryingforHealth
    Options
    I take 3 capsules every morning - then you dont have to worry about gagging it down. Should be able to find them at your local health food store. I believe it works and can tell when I forget to take them. I think it also helps with blood sugar.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I loves me so Hard Apple Cider. :tongue:
  • willis31
    willis31 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've read a ton of different theories on whether apple cider vinegar actually causes weight loss and how it accomplishes this. After some research I have come to my own conclusion that it is not a "miracle liquid." It might help in weight loss but not because it is doing something extraordinary inside your body. It seems to come more from that it acts as an appetite suppressant and it also could reduce water retention which would make it look like you are losing weight.
  • Sharbysyd
    Sharbysyd Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you should take the AC vinegar in a glass of water about 1/2 hour before meals. I tried it for a while but didn't stick with it long enough to know if it worked. I know a few people who have tried it and said it works though.

One thing I did to protect my teeth was to drink it in a straw. FYI, you should only use the raw AC Vinegar (Bragg's is one brand but there are others too) when you do this. There is something special about the raw vinegar.