Women and Hunger

Options
So you notice your hunger flucuating with your hormones? Not cravings, but your actual hunger pains? I've noticed that I'm SUPER hungry today. I don't really want anything specific, but my stomache keeps growling and has real hunger pains. Ugh. I don't want to blow my calories, but I don't want to be hungry all day either.

Replies

• abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I have eaten really well today and dont want to go over my calories today at all but I am feeling hungry hungry hungry. And Im not even PMSing or pregnant. I do not want to be in starvation mode either. If you find a solution to this please let me know.
  • TryingforHealth
    Options
    I take 3 vinegar capsules every morning and it really helps with my hunger issues. I can totally tell if I forget to take them-I'll be hungry and thinking about food all day long
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I pack extra mini-snacks, things that aren't calorically dense but take me a while to eat- like a 1/2 -1 c of dry cereal. If I feel hungry, I have something to eat and if I don't- I have 100 extra cals for dinner or prebed snack!
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    If I'm truly hungry - I'm going to eat. If water isn't cutting it and working out makes me darn near pass out...then I need to eat. Plain and simple. Listen to your body and give it good fuel. Maybe you're working out a lot and your body knows it needs more fuel?
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that a couple of weeks ago. I don't know why; don't know if it was hormone related or what. But, man! Hunger pangs ALL day! So, I did end up eating a bit over my daily calorie goal for that day. And probably ate a bit more snacks than I should have. I would suggest eating if you are hungry, but try to eat as much healthy, clean foods as possible and just get back on track tomorrow. It was a LONG day trust me! :grumble:
  • purpleday
    Options
    I've only been doing this a week and my reaction to being hungry is to eat...and then work my butt off AGAIN! LOL. I exercise so that I can have more calories. I'm sure that's horrible, but it seems to be working. Also, spinach! I used to hate it but it really fills me up.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this a week and my reaction to being hungry is to eat...and then work my butt off AGAIN! LOL. I exercise so that I can have more calories. I'm sure that's horrible, but it seems to be working. Also, spinach! I used to hate it but it really fills me up.

If this is your first week at it, I would suggest really trying to stay within your calorie goal for the day. The first week or 2, your body needs time to adjust to smaller portions & calories. If you keep feeding it, you wont give it time to adjust.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee, it seems to help me.
  • iitsolivia
    Options
    I have days like this and I load up on veggies! I'm madly in love with the kind that steam right in the package. I had a FULL bag of veggies and a MorningStar veggie chicken patty, and a GIANT diet green tea for lunch today and it's less than 230 calories. I'm wonderfully stuffed :)
  • purpleday
    Options
    Still trying to figure out how to reply, sorry.
  • purpleday
    Options
    I have been exercising and eating smaller portions for three months and had seen no results. A friend told me to try this and start counting my calories. I'm not really exercising much more than I already was, but eating a little less and some different foods. I set a goal of 2 lbs per week. In 7 days I've lost almost 6, which totally surprises me! This must have been what I needed to get it going! In the past I had always been fit, but gained alot with my last pregnancy (I was on bedrest the entire time.) My youngest is now 3 1/2 and I am miserable in my own body. The surprise was that what worked in the past, has not worked this time. 40 is much different for shaping up than 25 or 35 was!