New & Looking for Friends

Options
Ive been a member now for 2weeks and things have been going great. I had lost 10pounds my first week and a half but have been at a hault the past couple/few days, and need to make some friends that are serious about losing weight. I currently have one friend only and im sorry, but I see what she eats, and how she eats and i get angry LOL. I need people that i can get ideas from, not want to yell at haha. I try to give her advice and guide her slowly into healthy eating and encouraging her, but she doesnt ever write back, and then the next day (or the next several days), seeing nothing but pizza and take out and only one or two meals a day.
Im very serious and i wouldnt be here if i wasnt and i know theres got to be a better support team than her (no offense).

last week i went out for st.pattys day. I had alot of drinks, but counted them all, and stayed under my calorie allotment while still eating 3-full meals. I was so pround of myself for sticking with cranberry juice as a mixer and for every drink i drank making sure to drink a glass of water so my body would still have the water it needed. (i normally drink a gallon of water a day, but that day i had drank two).
The next day, friday, I weighed myself and went from having lost a tad over 10pounds, back to only having lost 9lbs. It was upsetting. I worked hard all weekend hoping to go back to having lost 10pounds, or more, by monday, but I lost .4 of a pound. I was soo excited to hopefully be down under 300 pounds again this week (im currently 304), but that seems near impossible now and its discouraging.

So anyway, Im 26 from Oregon and wanting to loose around 130pounds or so.

Replies

• gglover833
    Options
    Don't let anyone get you down. If you are set to lose the weight, then you will. That is awesome that you have lost that amount already. I broke away from my calorie count last Saturday as well (I had 2 cans of Dr Pepper) but I didn't let that defeat me. I did my calorie count the next day and again today. We all hit a wall where it doesn't seem the weight is coming off. My advice is to not weigh yourself that often. I only weigh myself once a week. It make it so much better when you see the loss rather than seeing nothing or very little every day. Feel free to add me if you would like. We are all in the same boat, trying to get into better shape. Hang in there, you will make your goal.
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You can do it and this is a great site for support. Add me as a friend, although I will say, I am far from perfect! I love to have social drinks on the weekend and my husband and I go out for dinner a lot. During the week, I am really good about having healthy meals and exercising. Welcome and best wishes!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me... my progress has been slow so maybe it wont anger you LOL
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    I would be delighted to be your MFP pal :)
  • polrwht07
    polrwht07 Posts: 20
    Options
    It's all about you at this point. What everyone else is doing doens't matter. Just know within yourself, that even if you plateau, you can still do it, and can still have a lot of success.

Good luck!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    Great work.....I agree with another poster, dont weigh yourself that often. Once a week or even 2 is a better way. Water weight and other things are culprits for making you think you gain here or there and a longer time in between getting on the scale is better.
    Feel free to add me, would love to give you any food ideas :)
  • willis31
    willis31 Posts: 7
    Options
    Don't get discouraged if you weigh yourself and you are a pound heavier than you were the day before. This could just be from water weight and not actual fat developing on your body. If the scale is going to have an effect on your mentality when it comes to losing weight then you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. Try just weighing yourself once a week and you might be more satisfied with the results you see.

I am currently 178 lbs. right now. My weight fluctuates like crazy throughout the week. On Monday I might weigh 180, then 178 on Tuesday, then 181 on Wednesday and then right back down to 177 or 178 by the end of the week. So when I weigh myself everyday I might get the impression I am gaining weight but in the end I really am not.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    haha, Ill be the first one to say I dont eat only healthy food, I go out to eat (and rarely order salads), and go out for drinks alot, so, no, i would not get mad at someone doing similiar things so dont think im going to yell at you! ahaha. The girl im talking about is ONLY eating deep-dish 30g of fat pizza, everyday. And then occasionally youll see a fast food sandwich or some take out dish. and then all her status's say how well she is doing with her eating habits. Everyone is titled to diet how they want, and if it works for her, then great, but that is not my definition of living a healthy lifestyle. So we just dont match up.

That first week & a half i was so excited to be losing so i weighed myself everyday, but now i havent lost in a few days so i wont weigh myself as much, I agree. I dont have a scale at home, so i just weigh myself at work. I guess I just need to pick which day and stick to that 1x a week or so. ;-) thanks for the support and advice guys
  • pbear22
    pbear22 Posts: 32
    Options
    I can understand that, but for some people it is hard for them to change after having bad eating habbits for so long.

It took a while but I have changed the way I eat, not only for weight issues but ever since I had my gallbladder out after having my son..

If you want to be friends and need anything even if its just to rant I am here.. Stay at home mom, and full time student so really I have time..

I need to lose 100 + myself and I know that there are times when you just need to talk to someone, so far down by 11 pounds to reaching my goal.
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day just to get to know my body and how it fluctuates according to what I eat or drink. Now I weigh once a week at my TOPS meeting and again half way through the week just to see how I am doing. My weight can fluctuate 5 lbs over night depending what I eat or drink. I never get on the scale after going out and drinking because I KNOW it will be way up. I always wait about 3 days. I know my weight will be up just from the alcohol and I don't want to get discouraged. Keep at it....you can do it!