Hi there

Options
I'm new to this website & I'm hoping that I'll get the tools I need to lose the weight. It looks like a great site so far & much asier than some of the other one's I;ve visited.:smile:

Replies

• farfalla1973
    Options
    I'm new to this website & I'm hoping that I'll get the tools I need to lose the weight. It looks like a great site so far & much asier than some of the other one's I;ve visited.:smile:
  • donnagilmore
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I too am new to this site. Isnt it GREAT!
  • farfalla1973
    Options
    So far it is, I love how easy it is to find the food & stuff. Hopefully I'll be posting lot more in the months to follow...
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome. You have definitely come to the right place to help you!
    MFP REALLY, REALLY works! Between the easy food log (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL lose the weight that you want, AND, it'll ALMOST be easy to do!
    I recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. PLUS, when you know your numbers, you'll know if you've got enough left over for a good night time snack, like I do with my Edy's slow churned, no sugar added icecream. YUM! :laugh:
    Also, drink lots of water, it REALLY helps too.
  • farfalla1973
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, any suggestions will be appreciated. I never manage to stick to anything more than a few weeks, so I hope I can stick to this for the long run.

I'm going to be looking for things to replace some of my favorites that won't do as much damage.
  • Theweebarrell
    Theweebarrell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi and welcome good luck on your journey, i joined the site this week too
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I think you will really like this site...I love the site!

I thought I would tell you about a challenge that Me and some others are doing....I call it Week By Week Challenge...Its where we have one thing we work on for a week...example one week will be drink nothing but water... if you wanna join or wanna know more then you can mail me!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I love this site. It does work.

:flowerforyou:

44118.png
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Welcome! I agree with you this is the easiest site that I have found as well and it is FREE! It's a bonus. I wanted something that was like Weight Watchers online, but did not cost so much. Mike did a wonderful job with this site, it pretty much counts the calories for you!

I understand that it is a struggle. I have had weight issues since I was a child. When I started high school I was like Oprah, fat, skinny, fat, skinny. But, it was all the unhealthy way. I found out some things that have cause my weight gain (PCOS is a big factor that I have had all my life). So, that may be a challenge, but I refuse to give up and refuse to let this kill me. My little man needs his mommy to play with him.

Good luck in your success. You can and will do it! Do not think of this as a "DIET", think of this as a new beginning to feeling good!

Hugs!

Shari
  • shellkas
    Options
    Hi there, yourself. Welcome to the journey & the best of luck to ya. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

[img][/img]