What have you accomplished this week?.... Celebrate the smal

Options
It seems that there are a lot of people that are down about not being where they want to be, either with weight loss or fitness. So, I think its time for everyone to take a look at the small stuff! What did you do last week that you would have never of done a year ago? It can be as small as walking up the stairs without breathing heavy... or eating broccoli :D I think people get too caught up in the big picture and don't take enough time to celebrate the small steps they have taken to improve their life! So, the small victory I have for this week is: I was able to walk to the park and play on the monkey bars with my kids. A year ago this would have never even crossed my mind as something I would have been able to do, but I did it! YAY!
What do you have to cheer about? Can be any NSV, weight loss, nutrition, or something your just proud of!

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Non scale, but NOT small:

I'm on Day 116 tracking on MFP.
    I'm on Day 14 of eating breakfast.
    I'm on Day 3 of no cigarettes.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm finally getting in the habit of flossing every day :)
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    Proud of maintaining my weight goal and finished Insanity work out without dying.
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Your right everything is a big accomplishment no matter how small we think it is! But wtg on the no smoking, props to you!!
  • ruddyrunner
    Options
    I ran 10 Kilometers (6.2 miles) for the first time this weekend!
  • minicakeumz
    Options
    I definitley celebrated being able to fit into 2 pairs of pre-pregnancy (before baby #1) jeans and doing an hour straight on the stairmaster!!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.8lbs this week...
    am now a UK size 22 in jeans...
    Am walking to places a lot more (and I live on a hill - ick)...
    I'm finding the activities on EA sports 2 easier than I did when I started it....
    I'm drinking more water...
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    ALL of my jeans are officially BAGGY on me - I found that out this past weekend. And I crave cooked broccoli!! Definitely a good change :)
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Last week I tried quinoa for the first time and started eating asparagus again :)

ALSO - I realized that when I flex, I can see my collar bones! It's been years, I thought they were gone for good!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    A year ago I was at the height of my completely uncontrolled binge eating, and would eat at least 2 big grocery store birthday cakes by myself a week. Yesterday I shared some junk food with a friend for the first time in many months (without getting my old, panicked "omg I need to eat more, and quick!" thoughts) and my body completely rejected it a while later, causing me to pull onto a side street while I was driving! I hate puking but I got the message from my body loud and clear.

Actually, I might file this under "massive accomplishments".
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This week I have:

Avoided chocolate and sweets etc twice whilst out shopping.

Got back down to 143.

Jogged for 5-10 minutes around 4 times.

Ate breakfast within an hour of waking up twice.

Wow, I didn't realise I'd done so much within the last week! :bigsmile:
  • mltdown
    Options
    A year ago I was at the height of my completely uncontrolled binge eating, and would eat at least 2 big grocery store birthday cakes by myself a week. Yesterday I shared some junk food with a friend for the first time in many months (without getting my old, panicked "omg I need to eat more, and quick!" thoughts) and my body completely rejected it a while later, causing me to pull onto a side street while I was driving! I hate puking but I got the message from my body loud and clear.

Actually, I might file this under "massive accomplishments".
    haha, yes exteremly massive accomplishment. I still go past the muffins and applogize to them that they can't come home with me :( but my waist line is happy I leave them behind!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I went to a Zumba class and it wasn't too hard for me. I am drinking super green tea right now. I have been celebrating the end of my quarter and spring break with some healthier treats and lots of exercise. I also got through final projects and exams without gaining. Now to lose some.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options

Definitely not small, congrats and keep it up. My husband gave up smoking right before we married. I am so grateful and proud of both of you. Married 28 years. Best wishes at all your efforts.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I quit the soda habit, I can't believe how much of it I would drink everyday. Its so much sodium.
    I lost half a pound in three days!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I also gave up soda which is HUGE for me!!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My chin's looking more defined. I can go 20 minutes into Tae Bo without a break, instead of 10, and while my legs BURN during yoga, I don't let myself lose the position :)
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This week I started potty training my son with limited results. But he did pee.
    I shingled my first roof of the year with my fathers company.
    I ran/walked 10K twice...haaaaaarrrrd
    I ate what I wanted all weekend and didn't feel too guilty:)
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    :bigsmile: I now wear size L in Fredricks of Hollywood underwear!!!!! :bigsmile:

That's a BIG deal for me (DF is not upset about it either!)
  • mltdown
    Options
    I also gave up soda which is HUGE for me!!
    that's awesome!! I still can't quit diet soda :(