ihop

Options
my friends want to go to ihop all you can eat pancakes for five dollars on saturday night. kind of scared.

Replies

• penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If I remember right, they do have healthier choices on their menu.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    tell her it's not a good idea because you are watching your weight.
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    yummm pancakes
  • eouimet
    eouimet Posts: 29
    Options
    drink lots of water and eat before! you can still have fun with your friends and not expend the calories/sugar intake!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    yummm pancakes

Lawlz

Just be smart. Plan your biggest workout for that day. Look up nutritional info online- KNOW BEFORE YOU GO.

DON'T skimp on everyother meal- have a healthy breakfast and just try to eat lunch later in the day (if you are going to skim cals take it from lunch or snacks)

You don't HAVE to eat all you CAN eat. You'll be fine. Everything in moderation.
  • DD72
    DD72 Posts: 3
    Options
    http://www.ihop.com/docs/nutritionalinformation.pdf pic something healthy before you go from their online menu
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Don't go unless you want to blow it for the day!! IHOP is a hard place to go and eat healthy. Good luck!
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    eat a freakin pancake..just dont eat them all..ill be thinking of you while I munch on my carrot sticks
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Go, but opt for a healthier choice. I like their health nut pancakes ( or whatever they call them). You don't have to eat all you can eat $5 pancakes. :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    They have SOOO many different healthy menu items at IHOP. Get the twoxtwoxtwo with egg substitute and turkey bacon and two pancakes. Then ask for sugar free syrup for 30 calories a serving! :) Love IHOP.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    go to ihop but don't do all you can eat! I haven't checked lately but I think a couple pancakes won't be too bad. Order off the menu!
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Follow everybody's advice check out the menu before you go. The have plenty of healthy items. They have a simple and fit menu. French toast and fruit 490 cal
    2 eggs turkey bAcon toast 350
    Omelette fruit 320
    And more.

See there is plenty of choices. And sneak one their pancakes your friends will be secretly envious that you are showing willpower. You can do this
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    Pancakes aren't too bad if you have like 1 or 2, its what you put on it that's the worst. Use sugar free syrup. I have found that I don't need any butter on mine either.
    And there is always the options of ordering a fruit bowl or something, that's what i have if I go there late with friends
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You can go & have fun with your friends *without* doing the all-you-can-eat pancakes. My advice any time your friends want to go out is to go online, look at the menu options, find something that fits your diet, and decide ahead of time what you're getting. Write it down & bring that paper with you. Then, once you get there, no matter what else looks good, stick to your plan. Order what you wrote down, no matter what.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The last time my guy and I went to IHOP it was a disaster. We couldn't eat it, not even the coffee. We tried to get the check and leave and the waitress started asking what was wrong...her boyfriend was the cook... she got kinda loud when we told her the food wasn't prepared right and we were just going to pay and leave. The manager came over, she did comp the meal, was apologizing all over the place, and asked us to wait for a minute and she would be right back with some free meal coupons... we waited 5 minutes and left. We decided we wouldn't be back so we didn't need the coupons. We heard the waitress telling her boyfriend in the kitchen, and he yelled at her that she left it sitting in the window too long.... the Bob Evans is better anyway.
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    seriously, who can eat much more than one plateful anyways? they're soooo filling!
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    I hate eggs, syrup and i'm a vegetarian. So i'll probably just have two pancakes.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I go all the time and I always get the SIMPLE & FIT Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Omelette w/Fresh Fruit (330 cals). You can ask for 1 pancake on the side with sf syrup and you will be STUFFED! It's really good and very filling (sometimes I can only eat half).
    Just plan ahead and earn some extra calories earlier in the day and you will be fine! This is life...it doesn't stop because you are trying to lose weight and you don't want to say you are never going to IHOP again. You just have to make a plan and stick with it. I have never felt deprived with this meal. Have fun!
  • sweetsunshine11
    Options
    hey...begin planning from this moment! ....try to create a "below the calorie goal " by exercising more/eating less....or a combination of both...so by friday u'll have enuf calorie reserves to have pancakes wid ur frnds...in tht way u r not going abuv ur calorie limits...but onli balancing it in an indirect way