My Workout Schedule - Posted for Accountability and Advice

Options
My workout plan for the week... I am doing hybrid of P90X and training for another half marathon. Any advice?

Mon: Arms and Shoulders, Tues: Speedwork or Hillwork and Plyo, Wed: Legs and Back, Thurs: REST day, Friday: Run 10K, Saturday: Chest and Back, Sun: Long run day (whatever mileage is scheuled)

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    If it were me and you have the time - I'd do plyo, my legs are always sore after it and I'd want them refreshed. Are you working out 2x daily or just once?

When I did P90X - I did my P90X in the AM and ran in the afternoons on the same day 2x per week. I ran on days that I did strength training. I think a lot of it would depend on how long your speed work and hill work is - if it's 20 minutes or less I think you'd be OK doing it as you have shown.
  • mandyshell
    Options
    I have no advice girl, I just wanted to say you are a beast!! Man, I strive for your dedication :)
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good to me! Good luck and run well.
  • aimdawson
    aimdawson Posts: 31
    Options
    That looks good to me. I am in constant train mode so I tend to cross-train more. 3x run and 3x spin. I wish I had the discipline to do more P90x. It is a great workout.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have no advice girl, I just wanted to say you are a beast!! Man, I strive for your dedication :)

Thank you sweetie! I try .. :)
  • SerenityGrl
    Options
    My only advice...think about havintg a second rest day...it's very important to your training! I just don't want to see you burn out before you accomplish your goal! But way to go on having a set schedule and goals...you are very inspiring.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    By the way, do you say your name like "Emily" or more like "Emma Lee". I have a daughter Emmalee (pronounced like Emily) and we call her Emmy. She's 8.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    By the way, do you say your name like "Emily" or more like "Emma Lee". I have a daughter Emmalee (pronounced like Emily) and we call her Emmy. She's 8.

Mostly I just answer to Emma (Emmaleigh was supposed to be the name of my first born, but havent had her yet). Emily is my middle name and since I have another cousin with the same first and last name... Em or Emma has just stuck for years ... not everyone calls me that ... but enough!

I love Emmy though! :)