feel de motivated now

seseymj1
seseymj1 Posts: 17
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
I have lost 16lbs since joining mfp in late Jan. I previously lost 38lbs prior to that. I have completely changed my life with healthy eating and exercise being my new normal.

BUT I jus saw three people on separate occasions who have all commented on the weight loss in my face as a negative. Feeling a bit low now as I thought I was doing well and still want to lose about another 20 lbs to put me in the normal weight range!!

What to do what to do....I have done nothing but eat since seeing them!!!!!

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    STOP!! Why are those peoples opinions so important? Do you not feel better since losing weight?? BP lower, check your cholesterol, don't your clothes fit better?

Reward your self with a lift if it really bothers you. I am hoping to lose my weight and really need to have loose skin removed but I know that things are going to sag and swing but I am going to enjoy traveling more, I will be here longer with my family and enjoy my life more.

PS: I think you look great!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I just posted something similar, I've been hit left and right lately, being told I've lost enough weight lately...and someone telling me my face looked unhealthy. Hello...it's called a jawline!
    Anyway...i'm with you on this one. Do what is necessary to be healthy and be healthy in doing it and you will be alright.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    I hate to be "negative nancy" but more than likely, these people are either jealous or trying to sabatoge you. Don't let them win!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    :flowerforyou:

Who know why peolple say the dumb things they do???? Your progress sounds GREAT to me!!

Go for what you want and don't hand them the key to undermine you!! Stick to YOUR plans!!

Best wishes,

julia
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    I feel that it is your choice to lose weight for your own personal reasons. Unless you are going to be extremely thin, who cares what people think. If you feel healthy and happy, that's all that matters. It is your body and you should feel like the sexy woman that every woman is, and whatever weight makes you feel that way you should go for it.
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    They probably weren't trying to be negative. I know when my best friend lost over 40 lbs, it was more that his face looked different and so that was the negative. Not that you don't look great to them, you just look different. People aren't usually big fans of change... You look great though. Keep it up! :)
  • seseymj1
    Thanks everyone for the kind supportive words. Think I need to take some more photos and have a really good look at myself and decide for ME!!!!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    You look great! Everywhere you go on the internet there will be a certain number of keyboard kops who are more interested in controlling everyone but themselves. I've learned not to waste any time or energy on them. They can be ignored, laughed at, or silenced with a click. You do YOU. They genuinely don't matter - unless you let them.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    IBUT I jus saw three people on separate occasions who have all commented on the weight loss in my face as a negative. Feeling a bit low now as I thought I was doing well and still want to lose about another 20 lbs to put me in the normal weight range!!

Sometimes people are just use to seeing people a certain way. Also if it concerns you that much get feed back from someone you rarely see.

My sis lost weight once and she looked like a bobble head once she hit 125lbs. But that's because she has a big head!!:bigsmile:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Just remembered that I went through a phase where my face seemed really thin but I still needed to lose more in other places. It's balanced out pretty well in the end.
  • seseymj1
    Just remembered that I went through a phase where my face seemed really thin but I still needed to lose more in other places. It's balanced out pretty well in the end.
  • seseymj1
    Thanks gonna keep going x
This discussion has been closed.