Best Exercise

Options
I have hit a major plateau and am thinking I need to change up my exercise. I have around 10-20lbs left to lose. I had twins a year ago this April so the only place I have any fat left to lose is in my belly. I cant afford a gym but do have a tremill, exercise ball, resistance bands, and hand weights. Any suggestions on how to get rid of these last few pounds?

Replies

• sophie_mk
    Options
    Have you heard of the 30 day shred dvd? Seems to give fab results. x
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Running? Hoola hooping? Skipping with a skipping rope - this one burns heaps of cals. If you google it you can probably find a skipping program.
  • Meg28
    Meg28 Posts: 59
    Options
    Nothing beats running if you are able and it's inexpensive! Hopefully you leave somewhere that is at least starting to get warm and can get outside instead of the treadmill (who really enjoys the treadmill). If you are just starting out, a run/walk routine is good, but use a watch to time yourself so you get your heart rate up (e.g., 8 min. run, 2 min. walk, repeat).

Good luck!!
  • queenkimie
    Options
    Try Zumba! It's fun, so it will shake up your routine and it's all ab work. Plus it's fun to shake it :) My kids attempt doing it with me, then get bored and go play.
  • aflaherty
    aflaherty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 30 day shred! i was stuck at a plateau for about 6-8 weeks. I just started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred on top of my normal workouts and along with some yardwork and beach volleyball i'm down 3lbs in 4 days! I think it's an easy addition to your day-only 22 mins start to finish. The DVD is around $10 at Walmart.