Baby questions..

Options
Hey y'all! So I officially have baby fever and it is not going anywhere! My new goal is to lose the weight so I can have a healthy pregnancy. Any of you that are doing the same thing, I'd love the support and advice! I'm 28, almost 29 & I was also curious as to how many of you are my age without kids, yet? How many of you waited till my age or older to have children? All of my friends i went to school with have 10 year olds already! That's so weird to me! I'm just getting started haha

Replies

• kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My sister is 28 (29 in April) and is due in October with her first baby :) She just rocked it hard this last year to lose 70 pounds to be healthy to get pregnant! My kids are 10 and 8 so there will be a BIG age gap in counsins :)
  • Charlesworth09
    Charlesworth09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal in mind. I just turned 28.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm actually working towards the same thing. My husband and I have been married almost 7 years and we want to start a family soon. I'm hoping that getting this weight off will help with the pregnancy. Kinda scary. :flowerforyou:
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I was 27 with my first and I thought it was great, I was old enough to be responsible and all. Good luck!
  • bonnykate
    bonnykate Posts: 123
    Options
    i'm only 24 right now, but we'll be aiming for a family once i finish grad school and we buy a house. good luck with getting health and TTC :)
  • herbalgirl011
    Options
    I am 27 I have two kids. One is 6 the other is 10 months. So, yeah my second one was a little older at 26 a month away from 27. It is important to be at a healthy weight for pregnancy but you also have to change your way of life completely. Eating heathy and regular exercise has to be a life style change. My gynocologist just recently told me that if I was going to have another child that my blood sugars and overall health needs to be under control at least 3 months prior to conception. Good Luck to you :0)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    How many of you waited till my age or older to have children?

I turned 34 two months before my daughter was born. We're currently not not trying (and no, that wasn't a typo. :happy:) and I'm 35.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and we are trying for our first....and I'm desperately trying to shed as much weight as I can (healthily) before hand!
  • oheatheroh
    oheatheroh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on trying to have a baby. It is the best thing you will ever do. I have 5 kids (3 which I gave birth to and 2 step kids who we have full custody of since they were toddlers) and I want another baby. I know, 6 kids is CRAZY but I never knew I would have 2 step kids. My husband and I had our first together in DEC 09 so he is 15 months now. We really want another one so he has a friend since the youngest before him is 7. I need to lose weight before I get pregnant again. I've got about 10 pounds to lose before I would even think about getting pregnant but preferably 20. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend. I just joined today!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I was 30 when I had my first (and only, smile). A lot of my friends had kids when they were younger but I felt I had a lot of my own life to live before I was fully capable of devoting myself to another's life. It worked out perfect for me. I wish you the best of luck in both your weight loss adventure as well as your baby endevour :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!!!
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    Thank you so much for the input, ladies! This means so much to me! I am just ready to have a child to love and take care of you know? I want to start my little family :)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I was 29 when my first child was born and 35 with the second. Now I am 43 and the baby making factory has been put out of business. Good luck to you!!! :smile:
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 an only got married a year and a half ago.... We've been talking baby, but my doctor told me I needed to lose about 50 pounds before trying..... I'm 32 pounds down so far! I also have a few friends my age who have 16 year old kids, which seems crazy to me, and many of my other friends have either recently had kids or are pregnant now.......Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Wow. I found the opposite. I was 28 when I had my first and was not only the first of any of my friends to have a baby by 3 years, but was way younger than anyone else in either of my antenatal classes.
  • Charo1111
    Charo1111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I turned 31 a week after my first was born. She is 9 months now and I'm loving being a mom. I feel like I was really ready and wanted a baby so badly. The timing was perfect for me.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Well, I'm working to lose weight to try to conceive, but it's my fourth lol. I'm 22 years old, married almost 4 years, and mom to a 3 month old, 1 year old, and 2 year old (yes, they were ALL planned lol). My DH is gone (military) so we can't TTC yet so I'm working on getting back to my high school weight before baby #4.