Walking Video...How should I log it?

Options
eeeekie
eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
I did a video today called Family Walk. Leslie Sansone said it was the equivalent of 2 miles. I'm DRIPPING sweat from every pore! It was the best video I've done in a long time and very low impact. Just very vigorous/brisk walking. How should I enter it? There was also weights involved but only towards the end of the video. 90% of it was brisk walking and movement.

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    4.0 mph, very brisk walking. :) That's what I enter it as (although, I have a HRM, and manually enter the right amount of calories). Even before I enter my HRM's calculations, MFP's is really close. It underestimates my calories burned, and if you're planning on eating your exercise calories back, it's better to underestimate than over.
  • dtwrybhpy
    dtwrybhpy Posts: 25
    Options
    She's got a few listed under cardio. I've never done the one yo're talking about, but several others of hers. I use a pedometer and wing it. There is a website I use to enter my steps, weight and stride amount and use that figure for all of my Leslie Sansone tapes. An HRM would be best from what I hear but can't afford a good one! :)
  • jenniffer86
    jenniffer86 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I do her video's ill enter the time ex. 30min, into brisk walking! ... if u look at areobic and put the time in, it's usually about the same calories burned.
    I love her video's... I do the 2-3mile ones when I'm too lazy to get my butt to the gym!
    they are awesome to start with, you'll be doing many miles in no time..
    also if your interested she has a book that I used to follow, it builds up your miles each week, everyday there is a new little challenge for you to complete, and she has good info in there to read, and stories from other people who have done her video's and lost TONS of weight.. it's very motivating..
    maybe just rent it from your library or something..
    just a thought ~ keep up the good work!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Love Leslie Sansone! I usually log her videos in as aerobics. Her stuff usually starts of light for the first 10 min so you could enter low for that and general or high impact for the rest of it since you used weights towards the end I would use high impact for that portion of time. it kind of depends on how hard you worked and since you're drenched it was probably general to high impact. Hope that helps and keep workin' it!!!:wink::wink:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM but I can't figure out how to use it. =\ It's the bowflex watch with the chest strap. It's confusing!

I walked 2.2mi yesterday outside lol but it's so windy and rainy here that I thought I'd keep it indoors today. This video was free on ONDEMAND

I'll see what one works best. I def love that video though...very good workout!!! Didn't think I'd ever move that fast lmao
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    4.0 mph, very brisk walking. :) That's what I enter it as (although, I have a HRM, and manually enter the right amount of calories). Even before I enter my HRM's calculations, MFP's is really close. It underestimates my calories burned, and if you're planning on eating your exercise calories back, it's better to underestimate than over.

My words exactly..LOL...