C-section fat wont go away!!!

Options
Hey everyone,

I would just like to ask if anyone has any advice on trying to lose my baby fat. My son was a c-section and they cut all the muscles under my tummy. I can lose weight and inches in other areas pretty easy, but this area is the most difficult. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• smorrow33
    smorrow33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump i would like to know too!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well lol altho I've had 3 c-sections!
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • saabrock2008
    Options
    If you find an answer please clue me in... I have had 2 sections last one 20 weeks ago :)
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    sorry....no suggestions...other than tummy tuck. I have the same problem...well the csection and giving birth to twins.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    bump! I had 2 c-sections.
  • iamwildarose
    iamwildarose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If anyone has an idea I would like to know too!:happy:
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    bump/ I too had a c-section with twins and another pregnancy before the twins.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I have that problem, I have had three c- sections. I would keep exercising and dieting your body might strt losing that later. I know that when I am losing weight I lose in my fingers first then other parts of my body. You can try to strength train your waist as well. Strength training sculpts your muscles and cardio and dieting burns extra fat.

But you might not be able to get rid of that area. I know that know matter how much I lose I will have that extra skin hanging there and I might have to consider a tummy tuck later. Good luck.
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    It is abdominoplasty...If you know anyone who is having a c-section you might want to tell them to ask their doctor as this can be done during the c-section itself...If not you are talking about a $6-10K plastic surgery.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    me too--2 c sections here.
  • w8tloss
    w8tloss Posts: 1
    Options
    I had and now have the same problem. when i was eating healthy an exercising regularly with weights and cardio and ab work i pretty much lost it , it was barely noticable. you couldn't even see it in my swim suit. although now that i have gained weight its all back and i hate it, it looks like a fanny pack,lol. all i can say is eat healthy and exercise. hope this helps.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just so we can better understand- Surgeons actually don't cut the abdominal muscles, rather they separate them, to allow access to the womb, and the muscles grow back together as the outer layers of tissue heal. I've had 2 c-sections myself, and much as I would like to blame my OB for my "pooch" I think I have to take more personal responsibility. Short of major amounts of cardio and ab exercises that target all the various upper and lower ab muscles, I think the only option would be further surgery, which is not without the price of additional scarring.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Not an expert, but I will tel you my personal story and results so far...

I did not have a cesarian, but due to hemorrhage I had an emergency hysterectomy after giving birth to my daughter and I was given an incision from navel to pubic bone. I am still very in progress on my weight-loss, but will give you my overall personal experience. I have extreme weakness in my lower abdominals as a result if the surgery. My recovery was long and it took over two years for all of my nerves in that area to function close to normal. During that time, I was sedentary and afraid to aggravate pain or to challenge my abs in any way. As I put on weight, my lower abdominals began to hang (the dreaded skin apron).

Since January 3rd I have altered my diet and began to burn fat. But the number one thing I have added to my life is regular yoga (3-5 times a week) and pilates classes. I have gone from zero abdominal strength, to being able to lift my lower abs, simply by contracting. In other words, building my core strength has dramatically started to reshape my entire belly (smaller, tighter waist, and some muscle definition—though there is still much fat to burn off).

But even better, for me, doing yoga and pilates has given me strength back in my lower abs, so I can stand straighter. And this stronger core means that entire belly lays a lot flatter and my pants are fitting amazing. These results are just since January. In a few months, I’m certain it will only be better.

But, because I’m me, I must say this: remember that your body has done something amazing. It nurtured your child(ren) and survived to tell the story. If when you finish your weight-loss journey, you’re left with a little extra skin or softness, feel grateful for what your body has accomplished.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump....I want to read later.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've also had 2 c-sections and that's the one part of my body I can't lose fat in or tone up...it's just this big pouch! I'm trying bicycle and reverse crunches....don't know if it will help, but that's what I'm doing.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    trim the fat from your diet, I cut mine down to 20% of my daily calories.. Strength your core muscles will help pull the muscle in and give you tighter firmer look, you have to work out those muscle 3 times a week or the will start to loose and sage again..

I had c-section with my twins 2 1/2 years ago and I'm able to get back into a bikini..

I recommend you try this workouts.

http://www.momsintofitness.com/
    This is the video I used to help my stomach after c-section. http://www.momsintofitness.com/dvds/lindsay-brin-cfs-method

Then I started TurboJam to tone and tighten with cardio, then TurboFire when Turbojam got easy.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew. I know mine is definitely as a result of my c-sec, not general fat, as I have very low body fat everywhere else, then this huge area of flab in the middle. It's as if the skin isn't attached to the muscles underneath. Short of surgery I don't know how to lose it. I have lost from everywhere else. I overhang where the sides weren't sewn up straight too. It's definitely the section to blame.

I sound so attractive, don't I?!
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I haven't had kids but I had to have a bowel resection 2 years ago due to crohns disease its left me with a huge scar running from above my belly button to below my public bone. The bottom part of my abdominals is split into two and looks really unsightly (a lot like this http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/tummy-tuck/vertical-c-section-scar-p527) and although I want to get a flatter stomach and work my abs when I try to do sit ups or work my lower abs It feels really scary tight and uncomfortable and i'm worried it might be how they stitched the muscles back together. :(
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I've had three c sections and don't have the pouch. Mine went away with losing all the baby weight. My last c section was 3 months ago. I would just keep working out. I think reverse crunches would seem to help.