"Toning Shoes"

Options
OK, so does anyone know if the toning shoes; like the Skechers Shape Ups or the Rock n' Fits actually do anything? I bought a pair of the Rock N' Fit's because it's supposed to help joint pain, etc. Not so as I've noticed on that score, just as an FYI. But does anyone know if they actually help with calorie burn? I wear them when I do my exercises (and at work and everywhere else of course, so it would be nice to know if it's actually helping LOL

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Not sure about the calorie burn...I think you get that from moving. I recently bought a pair of the Skechers Shape-ups. They run about $80.00 at the Skechers stores, but they are well worth it. The first week, I felt such a tightness in my butt and legs, it was ridiculous!! I can really see the difference in the way my jeans are fitting. It also has a positive effect on posture, which helps with strengthening and toning both the abdominal and back muscles. I think they're fantastic shoes.
  • samanthastone123
    Options
    They don't work. I had a origional and very expensive MBTs! All they did was make my feet hurt worse than they already did and I rolled my ankle a few times. You are better off to jsut buy regular work out shoes and walk more !
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the reebok easytones the first few days I felt something now I feel nothing but that could be because I wear them all the time, I can't really say if I seen a diffrence or not though but I linke mine I mainly got them because they were cute lol.
  • Jenn421
    Jenn421 Posts: 56
    Options
    i got two pairs i love them i got some for work (which i work 10 hours a day usually) and a pair for jogging i find they help alot i have a bad back and knees i find they help a lot for that and i have been dropping weight like crazy
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My mom gave me some New Balance ones...they were actually kind of uncomfortable the first maybe 2 weeks I wore them (mostly in my feet and calves), but now I'm very used to them and they're comfortable. So I don't know if they actually did/do anything besides give me some comfort after enduring some pain, lol. Maybe they improved my posture since my leg muscles are fairly well-developed???
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of FitFlops that are soooo comfortable. They are flip flops of couse but fit my foot so well. At first my leg and hip muscles were sore, and at the time I was training to run a 7 mile race.

I don't know if they *really* work or not other then I think they get people who normally wouldn't walk, to walk and walk more. Mine were worth it just for comfort and if someone buying a pair got them motivated to use them more, then so be it.

I do have a pair of Reebox Runtones and at first it was hard to run in them, felt like I was trying to run through water or sand! Another very comfortable pair of shoes and they helped with my hips which I tend to have trouble with when I run verses people who have knee/shin splint issues. They slowed down my run time but in a good way:)
  • missmccoy
    missmccoy Posts: 18
    Options
    They say that a good 10 mins a day of good toning exersizes are better then wearing the shape-up shoes.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i bought a pair of sketchers shape-ups, but always felt like i was wobbling about. i stopped wearing them after 2 or 3 times because i always felt like i was going to tip over or trip.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    They had a thing on one of the morning news shows that showed the shoes did nothing special and could actually be bad for folks with joint problems. With them people just tended to exercise more. One brand was better than the rest but it wasn't the Skecher's (which I love most Skecher shoes)