any parents of adult children that had to move back in due t

Options
I am 42 years old and for the last 4 years I seem to have no motivation. I don't know how to get motivated. I want to, but just can't seem to get it together. I am a mother of 3 and grandmother of 2. I need some encouragement. I never had a problem with keeping my weight in check, but I certainly do now! I can't believe I have let myself become this overweight. With everyones schedules and different needs the faster "quick meals" are taking their tole on me. Not good.

Replies

• millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    1st and for most do you want to be around for thoes grandchildren?!?!?!? If that doesn't motivate you then think about this...my father in law (a wonderful man) passed away suddenly at 60 from a major heart attack that could have been prevented had he taken better care of himself. Now my children don't have grandpa...or to be honest grandma because she is so sad about losing her hubby around.
    Now not to be hard on you....but tell thoes grown children that you will only be making healthy meals for yourself and hubby. They can cook for themselfs when they need to eat on the go.
  • gglover833
    Options
    I can understand you feeling like you need to be the one to worry about what everyone else is eating. My suggestion (yes I have had both of my adult children move back in with me at one time or another, the oldest is here now), they are grown let them be responsible for their own meals. Unless everyone will be able to sit and eat at the same time, you make your meals around your time frame. Don't do "quick meals" unless they are healthy. Feel free to add me if you would like. And hang in there, you had the motivation to start an account on here, so you can do it.
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I just turned 42 this month. My 23 year old daughter, her husband, and my 1 1/2 year old grandson live with us. They moved in about 2 1/2 years ago. She is going back to school and he is working but his hours were cut so my husband and I told them to come on home to help them save. I've always had a weight issue and decided to change my life style about 2 months ago. Since I'm the primary grocery shopper and cook they all are kind of at my mercy. Luckily they all decided to join me so now we are all eating healthier and working out as a family. It really helps. I just make sure I make time for myself. If all of your kids are grown do it for you. I bought an MP3 player and joined a local gym for $ 10 a month, now I make time for me and my thought is you either eat what I make or you go hungry.