Eating the same thing every day ... advice needed.

Options
How bad would it be to (for a short amount of time) for me to eat the same thing every day? Not only to make it easier with work, but to get a cleanse and 'detox' from my sugar, cheese and caffeine addiction? I'm feeling like a need a big change!

Replies

• Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on what you're eating. For me I usually batch cook my meals so I'll have the same thing for 3-4 days. Saves me time and energy that I can put to use for doing other things.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple...so some of my daily calories are repetitive. I'd recommend having 2 or 3 daily menus to rotate...at least for one meal.

Check out my diary...
  • mhmail1
    mhmail1 Posts: 3
    Options
    As long as you are taking in the proper nutrients, vitamins, and minerals your body needs than go for it! Watch the snacking cause sometimes the same foods on a daily basis will make you crave for something different. Drink lots of water, of course, and good luck to ya!
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    as long as it is a balanced diet no harm at all - I lost 3o lbs eating the same thing every day for 3 months
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The short answer is - for a short amount of time it's not bad at all.

But long-term, say 5 or more days, might not be so great. Firstly, because you'll get bored of your food and start snacking on forbidden foods and foods you don't even like and secondly because you might not get the adequate nutrients your body needs. Too, your body will adjust rapidly to the fuel and become less efficient in burning it off.
  • trhonda2011
    Options
    I will say its a matter of preference and your reasoning behind it. I drink protein shakes everyday for breakfast and lunch, more so because its apart of a challenge I'm on, but I have yet to get tired of them and I've completed my first 90 days and moving on to round 2.