13lbs to lose and lots of friends to gain!

Options
Hi MFPers! I am two weeks into the site and LOVE the features, but I haven't taken advantage of the community support. I'm looking for some buddies to encourage/motivate/check-in on me and I will do the same for you. I think there is something to be said for the support offered here. I'm 25 looking to lose 13lbs before summer break. I have struggled (gaining/losing/gaining/losing) the same five pounds for nearly five years so the idea of actually losing 13 sounds soooo intimidating and soooo exciting all at once. If you're in the same boat or if you feel like you could give/use some support, please feel free to message back.

Replies

• bdk0719
    bdk0719 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey! i have the same amount of weight to lose! i rowed in high school (i'm 18--college freshman) and have obviously already gained that wonderful freshman 15 (thank you dining hall and not rowing anymore--i don't drink, so it was definitely not from that!!). I would love to fit back into my favorite jeans and get back down to what i weighed while rowing. i've had so many "day one" 's (constantly starting new programs) and am so glad to have found this site!! i had no idea how many calories i was actually taking in...thinking that i had eaten healthy today, i found out that if i continued to eat what i ate today for 5 weeks, i would gain 5 lbs!!! So, here i am, looking forward to the summer, realizing that i won't be comfortable in my bikini the way i currently look, and ready to make new friends! good luck to everyone!!!
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you can add me
  • psychloveduck
    Options
    Count me in!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I am new to the community party...I have been using MFP for about 2 months now on my iPhone but just started online. Good luck!!! :)
  • jrm29
    jrm29 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi! I also didn't really make use of the community aspect of the site for a few weeks after I joined, but I'm trying to now! It really helps! Good luck with your goals and I'll add you :)
  • melanie44851
    Options
    Im looking to lose about 10 lbs and mainly just tone up! I have 4 kids and a muffin top that needs to go. You can add me as a friend :)
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be added : ) I have been using the app on my ipod for quite a while, but not active on the site yet.

I'm 26, probably want to lose roughly 15 pounds but I'm not weighing myself right now. I decided to give that a rest and instead focus on getting fit and fitting into what I want to fit into (my summer jeans!). If I don't lose a pound but they can button I'll be thrilled. Right now I'm excited and highly motivated- have a six week plan and hoping with some consistency I can see results!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 13 to lose as well...it was 10 when I joined but I guess my body is freaking out since I have been so restrictive for so long. I have gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks by following teh caloric intake on here...hoping it'll fix itself and start letting go soon!
  • zjohanna
    zjohanna Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses already...feeling the love and loving it!!!! I'm so hooked on MFP. :)