Good quick lunches!!

Options
I typically pack my lunch every day for work. I am sooo bored with sanwiches and salads. I usually pack a ham and cheese sandwich, an apple or orange and some reduced fat wheat thins and crystal lite to drink. Its my lunch and snacks for the day. I would love some new ideas of things to pack!!! Somethings that are good, cheap, quick and filling!! Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• AZiemba
    AZiemba Posts: 17
    Options
    Feel free to check out my food diary. I'm a total snacker so it might give you some ideas.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i buy chobani greek yogurts & berries :o)
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    One thing I stay away from are the "Lean Cuisines", Healthy Choices, etc. They are never filling enough for me. I always eat protein as it seems to last the longest in my tummy. And I always try to balance them with a dairy and a fruit or vegetable - or both. So some of my lunches are:

Leftovers - I live with only my husband and always have a left over from dinner. Have a smaller portion, pair it with a piece of fruit and some yogurt and you are set.

Garden of Eatin Blue Corn Chips and salsa, with greek yogurt, and a piece of fruit

home made chicekn salad in a wrap, again with greek yogurt and some fruit

left over salad - add chicken, almonds, cranberries and low fat raspberry vinagrette

Veggie burgers - Morningstar Farms and Arnold's Sandwich Thin, with lettuce, tomato, onion and a pickle. Add some fruit and a few corn chips or carrot sticks for crunch.

Soup - Progresson soups are low in calories and fat. Have a hard boiled egg and eat only the white.

Microwave an egg in a mug, serve it on a toasted English muffin and add a slice of Fat Free Cheddar or American.

Sometimes, I just have a conglomeration of things - a hard boiled egg, a piece of cheese, some chips, yogurt and fruit. I kind of "snack" my way through lunch.

My lunches are typically 400 calories or under

Hope these are some good ideas for you Tracie!
  • cmisty2001
    Options
    I fixed lunch for my dept. today -

100 cal deli flats

then from the crockpot we pulled portabella mushrooms, layered with roasted red peppers and drizzled wth lite kraft zesty italian dressing - cooked for about 4 hours on high, but if you're doing it at home you could do about 6 - 7 hours on low.

diet drinks

one of my co-workers brought cuties for dessert

Went so well that I will probably do something else in the crockpot for us in about 2 weeks.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump....great question...
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    eftover are a great lunch if you have microwave at work, we also premake soups, chilli etc for lunches. Breaks up the monotony! Also try different salad ideas, like putting in black beans and corn, using salsa for dressing and a toasted corn tortilla for croutons. Cut up veggies with hummus or salmon mixed with vinegrette as dip.
  • mcjen0442
    Options
    I am on this salad kick that is grilled chicken, 2 tbs. dried cranberries, 2 tbs. reduced fat blue cheese crumbles, fuji apple, and SF Raspberry vinegarette.... I Love it. Its so full of flavor and so filling!

I love leftovers though....I would say that leftovers and the salad make up most of my week's lunches.
  • Tracie65
    Tracie65 Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Got some great ideas!!