TOMATO PASTE challenge

Options
I'm trying to add more tomato paste into my diet (when I say diet, I just mean way of eating). My husband however is not a fan of tomatoes, so I can get away with making maybe 1 dish with tomatoes a week. I like to spread some over toasted whole grain toast with some garlic powder, I add it into vegetarian chili, of course my spaghetti sauces... I just wondered if anyone had more tips to use this up, especially LUNCH ideas (when it is easiest for me to have tomato-based foods).

TIA =)

Replies

• southernlay_d
    Options
    What's so special about tomato paste????
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    On pitas to make pizza - spread 1tbsp of tomato paste on a pita bread. Top with fresh herbs, mushrooms, tomato, zucchini, and part-skim mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Delicious!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    spread it on wraps or whole wheat english muffins and make mini pizzas

just bring all the ingredients and throw them together at lunchtime...use raw veggies and mozzarella cheese as the toppings
    or if you have access to a toaster over bake them for about 10 min
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i use it to make brunswick stew, tomato garlic basil bisque, meatloaf, use a tbsp of it when saute meat like chicken and add peppers , onions and cooked pasta to give it a light sauce.

there are many uses for it
  • stephlewis
    Options
    What's so special about tomato paste????

Antioxidants, Lycopene, etc. It's a "superfood." I just like that it is an inexpensive way to help boost immunity, fight cancer, low-sodium =)
  • stephlewis
    Options
    i use it to make brunswick stew, tomato garlic basil bisque, meatloaf, use a tbsp of it when saute meat like chicken and add peppers , onions and cooked pasta to give it a light sauce.

there are many uses for it

Oh, yum, haven't had brunswick stew in ages! =)