green tea drinkers

Options
im just curious. and bored, so im making conversation as well as actually being curious

how often do you drink green tea? and what are its benefits? i know i can google green tea benefits but like i said. im bored and wanting to socialize.

Replies

• ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking it this morning... And I only drank that one cup... Not a big fan of tea!
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i love green tea! it's a good way to boost your metabolism
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of hot green tea every morning instead of coffee - love it! :)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I cut out my bad habit of coffee with each meal, replace it with 'Green Tea'. I'm unsure if it has helped with my weight loss - but it has stopped my cravin's for coffee...:grumble: lol
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time just drinking green tea by itself, but I drink the crystal light peach mango and green tea packets, cause that not only helps me drink my water throughout the day, but helps with my metabolism. I also just found a green/white tea that I drink with a little bit of honey in it...it helped me get through a nasty cold and made me feel 10 times better! Green tea is awesome stuff.
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    I go through spurts with tea (green and otherwise). Sometimes I hardly drink it, sometimes I can't get enough of it. Lately I've been drinking at least 3-5 cups a day (if not more).

The benefit, I think, is mostly the antioxidants (SOOO many antioxidants!). There are tons more antioxidants in green tea vs. black tea. And those iced green tea bottled drinks that claim antioxidants??? drop in the ocean compared to a fresh brewed cup of green tea!

Besides, a cup of hot green tea has practically no calories and no sugar, no nothing (though I think it's got some potassium). It's a great way to break up the monotony of drinking water without adding sugar and cals and grossness. It's natural, delicious (and comes in many many flavors!)

Just be careful not to oversteep--that can make even the most delicious tea a chore to drink.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I drink it every night. Love it!!!!! I love the Bromley Organic green tea. I love a hot drink at night (like coffee), but green tea has a lot less caffeine than coffee. Plus, it's super delicious with dark chocolate or a little tea biscuit!!
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just bought 1/3 pound of green yerba mate from a local coffee house. I noticed that it is the main ingredient in one of the weight loss pills we sell. So bought some to drink all day! LOL
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    All through the day. love it great for metabolism also has antioxidants
  • Fullofit
    Fullofit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Green tea does have some caffeine so is a great coffee sub, without the caf withdrawal.
    Also boosts metabolism so helps with weight loss, and has antioxidant qualities.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i drink green tea at least twice a day! good thing my workplace offers free coffee and tea, including chinese green tea and japanese matcha! :) recently i discovered the shaken tazo green tea at starbucks, which has an amazing minty flavor. i'm now officially addicted to it. in addition, trader joe's has an awesome unsweetened green tea/white tea beverage.
  • roxanea
    roxanea Posts: 59
    Options
    I drink green tea and white tea. I do not care for it warm I make it into ice tea and drink it when I have drank 8 glasses of water for the day and am still thirsty. The antioxidants in the tea help to flush out your system.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I like to drink green tea but I prefer to take the Green Tea Fat Burner capsules. They give me that EXTRA boost to get me through the day! :)
  • naziachand
    naziachand Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of green tea but getting into it for the benefits. I have about 3 cups a day and yes it has helped me cut down on coffee quite dramatically. Hoping to make it 5-6 cups in the next couple of weeks. Harder to drink unsweetened as I'm avoiding sugar so hubby suggested trying stevia to go with it :)
  • yates01
    yates01 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have 2 cups of green tea a day and have done foe the last 2 years, it has definitely helped me with my weight loss and i find i can concentrate more on the task at had after a cuppa.