Hormones and dieting

Options
Hi ladies! I could use some advice - how do I get my sweet tooth/carb cravings under conrol during "that time"? It seems like I do really well for three weeks of the month, and then go absolutely stark raving mad with the chocolate and bread and undo every bit of progress I've made :( I'm very frustrated. Help!

Replies

• alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    you don't have to cut out those things, try using low-calorie alternatives. vitatops are a great chocolatey snack, and fiber one bars are chocolatey and fill you up! these are the only things i could come up with off the top of my head, but there are plenty more!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I was on that roller coaster ride for over 30 years, In Oct last year I prayed to my God promised Him I would never eat candy or cookies again and only eat cake and pie on major holidays other than that I would have eaten cake on Sunday being the first day of Spring that's how my mind works............I haven't touched it since. I have no taste for the crap healthy eating is the only way to go. You are more than your craving fight it. You can beat it, don't give into it look at it like it is poison for your body. If it is a problem get rid of it.
  • basalmouse
    Options
    i go for the 100 calorie packs that have chocolate in and or on them. cookies, rice cakes, Reese peanut butter candy bar things. I only allow myself one pack a day if that. helps curb the craving but not going over board.
  • ClivePilley
    Options
    Hi from OZ & a male as well

If I have those cravings I have a supply of high protein low carb bars around - Atkins bars are great - they really fill you up and satisfy the craving for sweetness. I treat myself to these if I achieve as well - gets the success = treat habit going. low carbs are what its all about & your body has to work harder to break down protein - so its an awesome combination!!

Best of luck!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I give in a little. I've cut refined sugar and other junk food out of my diet completely, except for a few days a month. I don't go super crazy, but I do drink some soda, have a little fast food and eat a little chocolate. I know I don't eat enough to undo the hard work I put in the rest of the month and I don't go crazy denying the cravings.
  • edyarn
    edyarn Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I usually do pretty well, but I'm the type of person that has to completely cut out sweets from my diet - if I have just a bite I can't stop...