Stir fry ideas anyone

Options
Stir fry is a quick easy way to get my veggis in. My boyfriend made me some last night (with me directing him :smile: ) It was rice, broccoli, grilled chicken with teriyaki sauce. It was delicious.

Does anyone else have some yummy stir fry recipes to share with me?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    rice, frozen stir fry veggies, chicken, la choy duck sauce, la choy crunchy chow mein noodles.
    cook chicken, add veggies, add sauce, serve over rice with the crunchy noodles.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I like to add squash and zuchinni to mine...I do buy frozen veggies to put in them when I'm in a hurry. I LOOOOOVVEE stir fry!! That and Taco salad
  • Brat3073
    Options
    Stir fry is a quick easy way to get my veggis in. My boyfriend made me some last night (with me directing him :smile: ) It was rice, broccoli, grilled chicken with teriyaki sauce. It was delicious.

Does anyone else have some yummy stir fry recipes to share with me?

you can try...what my friends call Redneck Chinese....its really yummy....
    Number of servings: 4

Fit & Active (Aldi) - Lean Ground Turkey, 16 oz
    Bell Pepper - Red, 1 Pepper
    Fresh Produce - Peppers, Green, Bell, 1 Cup
    Generic - Red Onion - 1 Cup Chopped
    Albertson's - Cream of Mushroom Soup 45% Less Sodium, 1 cup
    Cambell's - Chicken With Rice Soup, 1 cup

Per Serving: Cal:357 Carb:27 Fat:13 Protein:27 Sodium:823 Fiber:3

Directions

brown ground turkey in skillet on stovetop

dice green, red pepper and red onion

mix in with ground turkey and both cans of soup

Add in Chow Mein Noodles.

Transfer to cassarole dish and bake in over at 350 for about a half hour.

Enjoy!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i love prawn stir fry!
    100g frozen prawns into a wok with frozen oriental veg and a nice low cal sauce severed on top of steamed broccoli,
    tastes so good and its so filling! im having a stir fry tonight and i've just bought a new sweet thai chilli sauce that i cant wait to try out! the whole meal is only 205cals
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had this asian style chicken last week, it was amazing! I saw a recipe online, but I like to put my own spin on things.

2 Large Chicken breasts (halfed to make 4)
    2 Tbsp of Sweet & Sour sauce
    1 Tbsp of Mustard
    1/2 Cup of Bell Peppers
    1/2 Cup of White Onions
    1 Cup of Mushrooms
    Garlic Salt
    Chili Powder
    Black Pepper
    Cayenne Pepper

Season the chicken with chili powder, black pepper, and garlic salt. Next, chop your veggies to be sauteed. Then, mix sweet & sour sauce and mustard together in a seperate bowl. Start of with sauteed bell peppers and onions in the skillet. Pour about 1/4 cup water along with a little bit of the sauce mixture into the skillet. Let it cook and simmer a bit. Throw in your chicken breasts on top of the veggies and put the lid on the skillet til it starts cooking along the edges. Flip the chicken over and let cook til its almost done then add your mushrooms towards the end.

I hope this makes sense (lol!) But anywho, I absolutely loved this recipe! Idk if it would be classified as a stir-fry but i had it over rice with fresh steamed broccoli.

Forgot to tell you: I had chow mein noodles on top of the chicken for a crunch =)
  • elloradannon
    Options
    I do Thai style stir fry quite a lot-

1 can of coconut milk (light or regular)
    red curry paste- to taste (you can find this in the Asian section in your market)
    brown sugar- to taste
    fish sauce- optional

Mix these together to form a sauce in a small pot. In a skillet, stir-fry whatever veggies you like. I like broccoli, pea pods, baby corn, water chestnuts, tofu or chicken Add veggies and tofu and simmer. Serve over rice or rice noodles. SO good and you can make it as spicy or mild as you want
  • basalmouse
    Options
    Spicy Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry
    Ingredients:
    1/4 cup (50 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
    1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
    2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
    1 boneless beef top sirloin steak (1 1/4 lb/750 g), trimmed
    3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
    1 medium onion
    1 medium red bell pepper
    2 garlic cloves, pressed
    1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped, peeled fresh gingerroot
    1/4 tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
    1/2 cup (125 mL) beef broth
    Directions:

1. In large bowl, combine soy sauce, cornstarch and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Cut steak into 1/4-inch-thick (6-mm) strips. Add steak to marinade; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes. Meanwhile, using (5-in./13-cm.) Santoku Knife, cut broccoli into small florets, onion into thin wedges and bell pepper into thin strips. Set vegetables aside.
    2. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil to Stir-Fry Skillet; heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Add half each of the steak, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes to Skillet. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface of steak is no longer pink. Remove from Skillet; keep warm. Repeat with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil and remaining steak, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Remove from Skillet.
    3. Heat remaining oil in same Skillet until shimmering. Add vegetables; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return steak to Skillet; add broth. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring gently.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 33 g, Sodium 810 mg, Fiber 3 g
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I almost always just throw my stir fries together quite last-minute, depending on what is in my fridge/freezer. I love the Japanese or Asian mix frozen veggies. Also, I usually have frozen edamame (soybeans) that I love love love in stir fries. Water chestnuts are another favourite.

I often use quinoa (cooked in a rice cooker with half broth, half water) instead of rice - I find it tastier, and more nutritious I believe. :) Happy stir frying!

PS - If you get a really good quality nonstick pan, you can eliminate a lot of oil from stir frying by using water instead. I've started doing this recently, and it works pretty well!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I really like to put a spicy peanut sauce on my stir-fry. Here's a basic recipe you can alter (4 servings)
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
    Then to make it spicy you can add either cayenne pepper, but I use Sriracha hot sauce.

Another good stir fry sauce is to use Miso paste (any color)
    1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
    2 tablespoons Mirin (sake or sherry also work)
    1 to 2 tablespoons sesame oil
    1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
    1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave nectar
    1 to 2 tablespoons miso paste (use more miso paste if using a lighter miso)
    1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use less soy sauce if using a darker miso paste)

These sauces really go with any stir fry. I usually just throw whatever vegetables I have around in mine and usually add tofu, but you can really use any protein. My favorite stir fry vegetables are bok choy, bell peppers, onions, sugar snap peas, baby corn, asparagus.