Lunch at Maggiano's - HELP!!

Options
So I have a work lunch at Maggiano's today - so NOT my choice! :grumble: - and I'm trying to figure out anything halfway safe to eat. I've seen that a woman posted their nutritional info online, but it's on photobucket, which my work computer won't let me access. I went through their menu, wrote down a couple things that looked halfway safe: Seared Salmon Sandwich, Chicken or Veal Marsala, Chicken or Veal Picatta. But I saw that someone else had already put the Chicken Marsala in the database, and it's almost 1000 calories!! :noway: Not to mention a couple days' worth of sodium! Should I just order one of these and only eat half? Can anyone look at the nutritional info and give me the basics (mainly calories and sodium) on these or any other sorta healthy dishes?

Thanks for any help! :ohwell:

PS, I absolutely hate chop salad, or any salad made with iceberg lettuce, for that matter!

Replies

• jhagemann
    jhagemann Posts: 6
    Options
    did you see this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/maggianos

Hopefully that helps :happy:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    pasta with olive oil and vegetables...pasta with marinara...plan to eat 1/4 of the portion if it's dinner size

Grilled fish is always a safe option with veggies

Good luck...but, yummmy
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Maggiano's does have whole wheat pasta options.
    However, I will warn you... I did the whole wheat with meat sauce for protein and it took me almost a week (4 days) to drink enough water to lose the water retention from all the sodium.
    So be prepared for that.
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying that I love Maggiano's....... YUMMERS.

I recommend the fish of the day eith no butter and lemon, white wine. DELICIOUS and healthy! Nice side salad with fat-free dressing on the side and dip your fork in there and the meal (eating 1/2 of the fish) will run you 575.
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to something yummy, like the marsala, and only eat half for lunch and the other half for dinner. At lunch, they have a roasted chicken pesto sandwitch, you could get that and eat half of the bread and ask for pesto instead of the pesto mayo. Pesto is good for you, (depending how it's made) as it has pine nuts and olive oil! Or, get the seared salmon sandwitch and don't eat the brioche roll...

Good luck!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Their chopped salad is pretty amazing, just tell them to go easy on the blue cheese crumbles in it.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    omgosh, I only looked on their website for nutritional info when I ate there a week & 1/2 ago. I pretty much made that day a "cheat" day (or whatever you like to call it) and forgave myself for it, lol. Soooo good.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just had dinner there -- a small chopped salad, with the dressing on the side (i probably had about 1 or 1.5 tsp of the dressing); linguini with white clam sauce (only ate about 1/4 or 1/3 of the portion); a mini creme brulee (couldn't resist); cappuccino.

The MFP database, and info that's on the web, tells me that I ate 1635 calories. I sure hope not! I don't have a "totally full" feeling, and I think I did ok (creme brulee notwithstanding, and i probably should've gotten coffee instead of the cappuccino, but still...), so I'm hoping -- it'll be interesting to see what I weigh in at tomorrow morning!
  • sphc
    sphc Posts: 4
    Options
    Ask the waiter for advice, I'm sure you're not the only one who is looking at calories. Otherwise ask them for grilled cheese, or whole wheat pasta with just a drip of olive oil on them. Do not get the ready made sauces (marinara etc) - calorific and they don't even taste good. Stay away from the bread basket.