zumba, workout can't post

Options
what am i doing wrong? I can't believe that in the exercise search, that it doesnt recognize zumba. I can't get anything to come up at all. I can't post any exercise. what's up?

Replies

• mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    Options
    I just put down "modern dance" or something like that to track it.
  • chelzmartinez
    chelzmartinez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add zumba under your "my exercises" tab at the top when you go to your exercise diary. I've added it as I am a zumbaholic. I've also added my P90X workout too, Kenpo and whatever else is not on the list.

I hope that helps! Good luck! :-)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I do mine as "aerobics high impact"
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    hm.. try now see if it comes up... my friend does zumba and she dragged me along one day.. it should come up
  • akbluebell
    Options
    I had the same problem, I do zumba at lest 4 time a week and wish i had the right amount of burned cal.
  • akbluebell
    Options
    how many cal. do ou burn with zumba?
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    if you have a HRM, you can add "zumba" to your exercise database, and manually enter calories burned. next time you do a search for zumba, it will show up. otherwise, you can log it under modern dance, fast (or something like that). but mfp usually overestimates calories by over 100 calories for me.

in today's class, i burned 410 calories (this is after i subtracted the calories i'd have burned at rest). the calorie burn varies by individual. i've seen exercise logs for zumba ranging from 400 to the 1000s here.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Hopefully the site admins will add it soon since it's so popular! When I went to class last week, I entered it as "aerobic dancing" and underestimated the calories...our instructor was wearing an HRM and said we burned 775 calories but since I couldn't do everything she did (like lots of jumping) I lowered the calories to like 550 or something...still a great workout!
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was suprised that the AB Glider wasn't listed, so I had to add that to "My Exercises" As far as Zumba I would wear a pedometer. I have one that tracks for 7 days in miles, calories, steps and aerobic steps all at the sametime. I absolutely love it. It should give you a fairly accurate calorie count.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been doing Zumba for a while. I added it myself. I looked up the calories burned online. Zumba burns up to 1000 calories an hour. So the only way to have an exact calorie count for it would be to have a HRM, which me personally I am going to buy one, so that I know exactly what I am burning, because it depends on your weight and the exertion that you put into it. I do that and kickboxing(turbo jam) with averages 800 calories per hour. Hope this helps.:bigsmile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    if you have a HRM, you can add "zumba" to your exercise database, and manually enter calories burned. next time you do a search for zumba, it will show up. otherwise, you can log it under modern dance, fast (or something like that). but mfp usually overestimates calories by over 100 calories for me.

in today's class, i burned 410 calories (this is after i subtracted the calories i'd have burned at rest). the calorie burn varies by individual. i've seen exercise logs for zumba ranging from 400 to the 1000s here.
  • slytat2
    slytat2 Posts: 8
    Options
    I wear a body bugg to zumba class and on average i do about 750 an hour.
    Im 247 lbs to give you an idea
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    In Self magazine it said a 135 pound women would burn 6.9 calories per minute. Hope it helps.