what's in your fridge?

Options
bunnysone
bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
The secret to successful healthy eating is what you have on hand!

What do you have in the fridge right now? Is it food in its natural state (fruit, vegetables, lean meat, eggs) or do you have an array of boxes and containers that you are eating from?

Open the fridge door and work out how much natural food you have. How much of what you can see can you change and do better?

Are you ready to clean out your fridge and take your healthy eating seriously? For many people it's a big step, but an empowering one to get rid of all that crap that you know you shouldnt be eating!

Go on - I challenge you to clear it out!!

Replies

• chrisallcock
    Options
    its my daughters 2nd birthday tomorrow so the fridge is full of yummy party food...god damm it looks yummy :)
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    mustard coconut milk a jar of pickles ... and almost empty greek yogurt im so broke right now
  • HeidiM78
    HeidiM78 Posts: 58
    Options
    Fruit, veg, some wine, some yoghurt, milk and some diet soda.
    Oh, and litres of water
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    Milk, eggs, yoghurts, cheese, ham, fruit juice (for my husband and daughter, I don't drink it) and a load of veg. Some of the veg will disappear into the guinea pigs though lol.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    4 pint semi skimmed milk.
    bag of defrosting prawns,
    2 packet of ham, 1 unopened.
    packet of sliced chicken, opened.
    440g of braising steak
    350g of lean minced beef defrosting
    olive spread
    laughing cow blue cheese squares
    chocolate mousse
    shape zero yoghurts
    pickled onions
    stuffed green olives
    fruit juice
    hard cheese
    2 packs of soft cheese
    Tomatoes
    lettuce, cos and little gem
    cucumber
    celery,
    spring onions
    carrots.

ready to clean it out - yes, some of the salad stuff is looking past its best
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    The things in my fridge that I own: milk, eggs, carrots and a forgotten jar of strawberry jam (from before I discovered peanut butter and apple sandwiches!). I usually have more stuff but I'm going away for a month starting next week, so I have to plan a little, plus it's been some time since I went shopping properly (and I mostly use the freezer anyway).

Then there's my flatmate's half-forgotten vegetable stash (which will probably go out of date before she remembers it) and a surplus piece of cake. Another flatmate has a loaf of white bread, butter, cheese, a number of cans of coke, five or six bottles of condiments, an opened tin of pineapple and probably a lot of other seemingly random items.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    mostly healhy stuff includeing a great big bowl of sugar free jelly...just incase!! lol
    oh and sorry 1/2 a large lemon marangue pie i made for hubby and the boys for tea last night!(i seem to cook loads of goodies when i am being super healthy)..lol well the last yr then!!
    i must admit tho my cooking skills have gone throught the roof i'm getting really good! jams,pickles,wines the lot!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Our fridge is always full of natural fresh foods. Maybe some leftovers etc, relishes pickles, dressings, eggs, cheese, milk, fruit and vege, all the good things, bottles of water and my bircher muesli for the morning!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Boneless, skinless chicken breast measured out in 3.5 oz servings in ziploc bags
    cucumber
    radishes
    lettuce
    fresh spinach
    asparagus
    cabbage
    celery
    apples
    2 lemons
    3 pitchers of filtered water
    my husband's nearly empty hot sauce
    minced garlic
    distilled white vinegar mixed with spices (no oil) to be used as salad dressing
    a pint of fresh strawberries
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
    Living in my fridge (not including cupboard stuff like cereal)...
    MEAT! Turkey bacon, lean bacon, parma ham, chicken breasts (frozen so technically in the freezer) and some trout.
    Salad leaves
    Cucumber
    Tomatoes
    Nuts
    Dried apricots
    Low Fat Probiotic Plain Yoghurt (Greek style)
    Low Sugar Yoghurts (flavoured)
    Blueberries
    Skimmed Milk
    Guacamole
    Pesto
    Mustard
    Eggs

I don't buy too much rubbish as of last week because I noticed I was eating low calorie processed crap, so started eating Low GI instead. It's more "expensive" calorie-wise, but I feel so much better since I started!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    wow you guys are fantastic! Looks like it wasnt that confronting for you at all!

If everybody had fridges like yours half th obesity challeng would be one :)

Congratulations!