Night Time Binge Eating

Options
I Have The Worst Time With Not Eating Late At Night....And It's When I'm Tired And My Defenses Are Down...So I Always Give In.....Any Ideas? Thanks :love:

Replies

• samantharae121205
    Options
    just go to bed?!.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think many people battle with this issue. I drink a glass of water or hot tea, and sometimes that helps immensely. Other times, I have no clue what I actually want, so I just try to not eat anything. But if I do absolutely have to eat, I go for some light popcorn, or a few pretzel sticks, fruit or a snack size protein bar. Luna Protein Bars make really great flavors, and they will seriously satisfy a sweet tooth. Good Luck!!:bigsmile:
  • laurenlei
    laurenlei Posts: 96
    Options
    I agree - go to bed lol!!
    I also brush my teeth after my last meal and keep a glass of water near me, definitely helps with any food cravings
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Brush teeth, have a bath, call a friend, or go to bed.
    I have problems with binge eating as well
  • Bimlabee
    Bimlabee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too, mostly with craving sweet foods, so I make myself an options hot chocolate which fills me up a little and satisfies the sweet craving for about 50 calories rather than downing a whole packet of minstrels!!
  • rachael_ann
    Options
    This was my major problem.
    I could easily eat a large block of chocolate or a large packet of potato crisps at 11pm any night.
    My tip is have a waterbottle nearby and when you feel peckish drink from that.
    Also brush your teeth, have a shower and get into your pjs so that you are in bed mode.
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I used to suffer from this so I've started to eat my evening meal a little later and this seems to keep me going until bedtime.
  • eyecandy808
    Options
    Thanks everybody....I will try all of your suggestions....I don't have tend to binge before going to bed...I tend to wake up in the middle of the night and eat and eat and eat in order to go back to bed....
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Dont Give IN! I Find the main reseaon that People BINGE at night or in general is because they have not eaten enough good healthy filling calories earlier in the day. Eat a good breakfest lunch and snacks. Eat 3/4 of your calories before dinner. Get of the rollercoster! Try to get of the Sugar Addition Wagon. ONce you do the binges should stop and the toughts or major craving will go away. I know this personally and professionally.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My Dearest! I binge eat too, and i have been searching for that one thing to make me STOP completely and i have come to SOMEthing. Instead of hearing GO TO SLEEP or JUST DONT EAT ANYTHING... It's gonig to make you put up a hissy (like it does with me, lol) and make you rebel to want it more. So I can say this confidently. Make yourself a water ice pop with sugarfree juice or some kind of liquid that wont undo your day and have that at night while your here on MFP and look at Before and After Picture.... i ASURE you you wont have that binge eating habit. Add me my sweet and ill keep a watch over you! I know i need to settle down on my sugar consumpution. i am a sugar monster and its a bad eating habit, but sometime the coffee is sooo delish especially when i have a loppppy schedule, so i let these thing slide, but the worst eating is night eating... i knwo how you feel. Together we will get through this! :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Join us here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/183037-march-2011-no-late-night-snacking

And get continuous support. Sometimes a challenge with others is just what we need. And you can join any time, even though we usually do the thread month to month. Jump in everyone!