Meds making weight loss even harder, what can I do?

Options
hi everyone. I've been trying to lose weight since having my 2nd child 4 months ago. I try very hard, harder than I have at any other point in my life, and the scale is barely budging. I'm on a med which the main side effect is weight gain and my dr said he sees people blow up on it all the time... If I didn't absolutely have to take it I wouldn't and I'd be a heck of a lot smaller by now... Is there anything that can be done or am I destined to be fat forever cause of medicine?

Replies

• DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I am taking meds for my thyroid. If I don't take it, I am severely sluggish. My weight fluctuates and I have to work even harder to keep it in check. You may want to speak with your doctor to see if there is anything that you could do that would assist in your not gaining weight. If you diet and exercise are in check then the meds may be supplemented with a natural alternative. That is something that I am looking into.
  • Nakei
    Nakei Posts: 6
    Options
    Its funny, this app IS what my dr told me to do lol. He said it would help a lot, but I have been eating as I usually do and I rarely would go over 2000 so idk why I'm still having such an issue. If you find a good natural alternative lemme know!