Hi! Introducing myself.

Options
Hi. I've had the MFP app on my phone for about six months, but only recently got serious about my health and weightloss - again. I mainly read at the discussion boards and find them very motivational. A little background on myself, I was the chubby baby of the family until my teens when I really got into diet and exercise and lost a lot of weight. When I married at 20 I weighed 115 lbs ( I'm 5'5"), was put on bed rest the last 3 mos of my 1st pregnancy and quickly gained about 60 lbs. After my second baby I developed some health issues and found myself about 100 lbs overweight. About 5 yrs ago, I got with the program again, and dropped 40 lbs. In 6 mos. Then, a close family member was murdered, and we began homeschooling our daughters. Major lifestyle change and depression equaled a regain of about 25 lbs. I downloaded MFP and was ready to get started again, then I had a grade 3 calf tear which took me out of the game for a while. I'm back in and ready to go now. I'm hoping with the motivation and support I get from the MFP site not to have the setbacks I've lately had. Wish me luck, and willpower! Lol! Thanks!

Replies

• toalwaysbeme
    Options
    You are amazing.... I applaud your perserverence and can totally respect everything you've been through..... Woo Hoo!!! Take it slow and please dont reinjure yourself. We're all here for you and like you said, there are a lot of supportive people here. A lot of us are goofballs too so its always nice to have a couple haha's during the day.

You are completely welcome to friend me if youd like a friend, supporter and goofball outlet.

Deena
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right site for encouragement and support and I hope you LOVE it as much as I do!
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    WElcome!!! will find that this site is great. I have been here about 2 weeks now and its been great having the support from others who know what you are going thru. I really like how it allows you to track your food which really makes you accountable for what you eat ( as long as you dont cheat..lol ). I wish you the best of luck and you can add me as a friend if you would like!! We are glad you are here!!!1
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome... stay encouraged, you have made a tremendous decision to keep trying. People give up and never come back. You will reach your goal. Small obtainable goals give you success.