Heart Rate Monitor without chest strap

Options
The chest strap is so annoying. Does anyone know of a good one without the strap? I need to buy one but i obviously want one of high quality.

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    One without the chest strap is not going to be as accurate...I dont care how much you spend on it...unless its a bodybugg..I wear my chest strap everyday I work out and never even notice I have it on....maybe you have yours positioned wrong or too lose....Jus some thoughts because most people on here also dont notice when they are wearing theirs!!!
  • sax321
    sax321 Posts: 26
    Options
    There are a lot out there - search under "strapless HRM". Mine is a Nike, that was in the average range when I got it a couple of years ago and works well. It does have a chest strap and I hate it. I feel like I'm always pulling it up (and I have it pretty tight). You are on the right track of getting one without a chest strap.
  • GoBanana76
    GoBanana76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i dont mind the chest strap but i would prefer without but if those arent as accurate id rather just deal with it then.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The chest strap has elctrodes that pick up your HR constantly...with jus the watch you sacrifice it picking up extra arm movements or not enough arm movements as your HR...Im gonna afford me a bodybugg for $200...or the bodymedia...they are the most accurate and take into account more that just cals burned...but I wouldnt trust one w.out the chest strap....