Picture shows the truth...

Options
I tried to post this a while ago, and couldn't figure out how to post the picture. The thing is, this picture was taken about a month ago at a point when I was so excited that I'd so far lost 15 lbs. Then I was mortified when our church youth director posted this picture online of me, his faithful chaperone at our lock-in.

weightlossinspiration.jpg

Ugh. Standing, those rolls disappear, well, mostly. I stand up straight, suck it in. But here it was probably 3 or 4am. And it seriously brought home to me how much farther I have to go. I've lost 6 more pounds since this picture was taken. But it's my motivation to keep going. I'm not where I want to be yet.

Replies

• Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Way to go....keep it up. You are doing great. Thanks for what you do for your youth at church also. They need caring adults to be there for them.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. You are working at changing that image and maybe it will help you stay motivated! Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly what you are saying. I've lost around 23lbs since January and have been feeling fabulous. I had eased off on the exercise a little, kinda resting on my laurels so to speak. Then last week I went along to the gym again and was cycling furiously and looking around me when I spotted my reflection in a mirror to the side of me. Rolls of flab were in plain view and it dawned on me that I didn't look as good as I had been feeling. I WILL keep at this and step up on the exercise again - those rolls of flab have to go!

Well done on your weightloss so far :)
  • hellojaxs
    hellojaxs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Way to go .... stay motivated! I work/ed with youth @ our church....You are doing a great thing there too! Some of us ladies in my church are doing a study called MADE TO CRAVE....good "food for thought". It deals alot with emotional eating to fill a void and self control.....you might find some good advice there. (We did come to the conclusion that church "fellowship" almost always involves food!!! LOL)