Protein Shakes/Smoothies for Breakfast. Any yummy rec's?

Options
2»

Replies

• HW2Hottie
    HW2Hottie Posts: 100
    Options
    These are good idea's! I am so lazy, I just get the Yoplait Smoothies and add milk and protein if needed. I will have to try these.

Good Topic!!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I buy a 2kg bag of frozen fruit for 10$. It is packed with strawberries/melon/peach/grapes. I put some of those in the blender with milk and protein powder. It makes a delicious thick and cold smoothie. Beautiful stuff.

I also freeze my own bananas since they are so cheap too, and sometimes I add yogurt if I have some.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I made one today and it was pretty yummy.

1 banana
    1 c. strawberries
    1 c. milk (I used 1%)
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Extreme Chocolate protein powder
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Can protein shakes keep you full? Or is that why w add the ground oats?

the oats will help. so will ice. for me anyway the thicker the shake is the fuller i feel. somehow it tricks my mind into thinking i'm full, but remember you still want to eat 5-6 small meals a day

i wouldn't recommend having a shake at 7am and then not eating again until noon.

ok cool and do I grind the oats myself or is something I get from the store?

This might sound crazy buttttt [lol] what if i cooked the oats first then added them to the shake and blended it all up. Would that be nasty?

you can grind them in a coffee grinder
    or yes you can cook them first and just put them in the blender. it is an acquired taste like i said. it will make the shake a bit gritty

yogurt is another good thing you can add to thicken up a shake. Liberte makes some high protein yogurt that i really like.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    1 scoop of body fortress cookies n cream protein
    5-6 frozen strawberries
    1/4 cup of plain nonfat greek yogurt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 banana
    1 tbsp organic honey
    2 tbsp ground flax seeds.
    add water for a smooth blend.
    You can also sub the banana for frozen blueberries or raspberries.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything all that exciting, but here goes:

8 oz skim milk
    1 scoop (34 g) Pure Protein Vanilla Creme protein powder
    1 cup frozen berries(you can use fresh, but frozen makes it really thick, like a milkshake)

Calories:290
    Protein: 35g
    Carbs: 31g
    Fat: 4g
    Fiber: 9g
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I drink chocolate Shakeology every day. I make it with 1 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze chocolate almond milk in my shaker cup and then let it sit in the refrigerator until it gets really cold and thick. Tastes like a double chocolate milkshake for only 185 calories.

Sharon
  • modifyinglife
    Options
    thanks guys!