Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 17

Options
Gosh! We are more than half way through January already! Are you meeting your goals for our challenge? I know I am not doing real great. Especially with my weight training. I need something to jump start me! Well, today is a new day I'll see what I can get done tonight!

Yesterday's exercise consisted of cleaning, laundry, and cooking (I'm in the process of filling my freezer). I'm really thinking about how I'm holding my back and find that if I'm not actually thinking about it I'm hunched. :frown: Hopefully just being aware of it will help me.

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a great day!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Gosh! We are more than half way through January already! Are you meeting your goals for our challenge? I know I am not doing real great. Especially with my weight training. I need something to jump start me! Well, today is a new day I'll see what I can get done tonight!

Yesterday's exercise consisted of cleaning, laundry, and cooking (I'm in the process of filling my freezer). I'm really thinking about how I'm holding my back and find that if I'm not actually thinking about it I'm hunched. :frown: Hopefully just being aware of it will help me.

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a great day!
    Niccole
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good morning. I did my Biggest Loser again. I also ordered a pedometer/heart rate monitor/calorie counter & bought two pair of size 12 jeans on EBAY for $4.99! I just don't see the point of buying new because my goal is a size 10.

Happy Thursday all!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I feel I've lost my mojo today. I'm going to try to make it to the eliptical at the gym, but if not that, I'll do a cardio DVD.

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Sending Mojo your way, channeling Mojo

- Elvis is Everywhere -

Yesterday was a 30 minute walk on incline and strength training class. Ok, I think I'm getting stronger and have a higher endurance :bigsmile: The teacher made the class harder for me (see last Thursday's post), and it wasn't too bad. My butt hurts, but I can handle this kind of soreness.

Niccole - Being aware of your posture will help a lot! After you get your shoulders back (6 months to a year for it to become normal), tuck your tailbone under and pull your belly button in - something I really, really, need to work on since I'm shaped like a banana (butt and chest stick out) - added bonus: all of it will make you look thinner! Ever see those fake before and after photos - those that lost weight wrapping themselves in saran wrap? Check their posture.

Best workout to everyone! and sorry about the obscure reference above - I hope someone knows it.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I did 45 minutes of Taebo cardio and 30 minutes of Taebo upper body. I still have to go grocery shopping and do a bunch of laundry. I'm already tired! Hope you all have a good day!
  • lucasmom
    Options
    hi,
    What does this challenge consits of? My I join?
  • imsosexy
    Options
    Hi Everyone....Im so furstrated..........I am eating underneath my calorie intake and yet Im still gaining weight. I am doing tabebo 4 times a week. Why am I not losing. Please don't say Im building muscle and muscle weights more..lol.. I would think that with me being "fluffy" that excess weight would come off anyway because of m calorie intake and the taebo sessions..
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone....Im so furstrated..........I am eating underneath my calorie intake and yet Im still gaining weight. I am doing tabebo 4 times a week. Why am I not losing. Please don't say Im building muscle and muscle weights more..lol.. I would think that with me being "fluffy" that excess weight would come off anyway because of m calorie intake and the taebo sessions..

I think you have to make sure you're eating your calories otherwise your body goes into starvation mode. The best thing you can do is eat your calories and break them up into 4-6 small meals during the day to keep your motor running! Drink lots of water too!
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    Options
    :happy: I'm right on target.....:bigsmile: I'm up to 20 minutes on the rowing machine and still doing tai chi every night. Having so much fun. Positive Thoughts:wink: hugs from kckat96
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My mojo has returned!

I took a thirty minute walk, and came home to decide my house was a mess. I cleaned for a solid hour at top speed. I am drenched in what my mother would call "the vapors".

Thanks Mary (and Elvis)!:flowerforyou:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    45 on the eliptical, 100 crunches, and a half hour of Wii boxing!:bigsmile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    60 min aerobics/resistance workout. My pms is finally easing and the cravings are fading!

imsosexy, you definitely need to eat all your calories! I was eating the 1200+exercise calories as recommended and stopped loosing weight after a month. I added about 2-300 calories to my base intake + exercise calories and have started loosing again. If you struggle to eat that much, look at the foods. Make your snacks a little more rich; adding nuts or cheese to things is easy but still healthy, as is fruit or 100% fruit juice. Your goal should be a 500 calorie deficit daily. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    did 40 mins on elliptical yesterday and 1hr brisk walk pushing pram with my 2 year old on her buggy board so prams weighs 10kg my 1yr 11kg and my 2 yr old 14kg total weight pushed up hills 35kg no wonder it is such hard work.

Elliptical 2morrow and core dvd and walk again can't wait for sunday so I can sleep in late I find it really hard at the end of the week and I am really starting to miss chocolate but I won't give in I want my bubble bath back my husband has hidden it until I reach my first goal 168lb. 24lbs to go.

my goal for valentines was 172 don't think I will do it but I will try here's praying for a miracle.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Isnt the human body weird ? We eat and get fat and if we dont eat enough we stay idol? I know if your body doesnt get enough nutrients it will grab onto fat and hold on because it thinks it is gonna starve so thefore you dont lose weight sometimes for weeks. Stay strong and maybe increase your protein a little and see if it doesnt help .