water intake

samantharae121205
samantharae121205 Posts: 185
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
can i include any liquid into my water intake?!.

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    It really depends on what you believe.. To prevent dehydration it's recommended you drink 8 oz of liquid a day... I personally count all decaffeinated beverages as "Water" ..

different people believe different things.
  • Trudysparkles
    Trudysparkles Posts: 2 Member
    Weight Watchers counts any decaffeinated beverage toward your water consumption, so I do as well. Like coffee, tea, and diet soda. But not milk or juice, too many calories.
  • Elise1395
    Elise1395 Posts: 17 Member
    I would say that you could...but just make sure you also log it into your diary to list calories, sugars, etc.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I only count water as "water" but I live in a really warm, dry area (humidity usually in the teens or even single digits and summertime highs in the triple digits) so I know I need more water each day than people who live in a cooler and more humid climate. I usually have trouble hitting my 8 glasses so counting only water helps to keep me on track.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    my take is that if you can see through and it is decaffinated you can count it as water...except for juice. A nutritionist told me that I could drink decaffinated unsweet tea with lemon (my favorite) and it counts as water. Basically, if I use crystal light, tea or water...then I count it as water.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Decaf coffee, tea and flavored/carbonated waters I think can count...Jus to be safe I stick to water...I drink diet soda with dinner but I never count it in my water intake...but I had a Sobe and counted it in my diary because it contained carbs & sodium...but I also added it to my water count...at that rate I would rather just stick with plain old disgusting water!!! LOL
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    I think the main thing with other beverages is to make sure that you track them as they will have sugars, calories, etc.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    I only count water... your body is made up of 72% water... not fruit juice, not diet or decafinated pop or any of the sorts...

Granted all beverages probably have some water in them. but they also contain other bad things too...

so for me. I ONLY count water... Its really not that difficult to get 8 -8oz glasses of water in a day.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    If you drink anything other than water you will need to drink another cup of water per cup of other liquid to help flush it out. If you drink one cup of decaf cofee then you will still need to drink an extra cup of water to compensate, This is on top of the already 8 cups of water you need. All the water is to help flush you and to keep you from bloating when you have had salt (wich seems to be in just about everything.) If you add lemon juice or lime juice to your water this will make it so that you don't have to drink as much water but still at least 6 cups a day. I hope this helps some.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    tea and coffee decaf or not are diaretics and can cause you to get dehydrated. This will stall weight loss. You NEED the water to stay hydrated.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    I was told I can count decalf tea (I usually drink green tea or peppermint tea) as water. I still drink my 8 classes of water during the day and drink my tea in the evenings :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Here is a great article on this topic... I use this site for a lot of things and here it explains, it's about FLUIDS not necessarily just water....

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    I've never really gotten why people feel the need to cheat; just drink water.
This discussion has been closed.