Breakfast

Options
Hey everybody, does anybody have any suggestions of good breakfast options? I feel like I eat oatmeal or turkey sausage with egg whites every day! I want to change it up so I dont get bored.

Replies

• journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I recently bought bagel thins. I also combined an 8oz package of fat free cream cheese w/about 3 tablespoons of sugar free strawberry jam. I spread this on the toasted bagel thins, and have 1 cup of fat free milk. Under 200 calories total.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I started having a small grapefruit /or 1 c. strawberries with 2 slices of weight watchers whole wheat toast with some natural peanut butter a few days per week as i was also getting bored with oatmeal.
    This is like a treat now, I look forward to those mornings (until I get sick of that as well, ha ha).
  • AlisonE76
    AlisonE76 Posts: 12
    Options
    hiya,

i used to eat porridge all the time, i got so bored with it, now I have either 2 scrambled eggs with a little slimline mikk added and 1 slice of rye toast, or 2 slices of ryvita with cucumber on the side or dry fried eggs with low fat cottage cheese on the side. Its tasty and keeps you going till lunch!!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What about having some leftovers of your protein from last night if you had chicken or fish and adding some fruit like an apple of a banana?

You could also have a bowl of cereal.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love the bagel thins. So much better than regular bagels and less chewy for those of us with jaw problems!

I am addicted to having 2 eggs with a bagel thin and ICBINB Spray. I usually have some sort of fruit cup with it and then I'm good to go!
  • Tina1022
    Tina1022 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Luna Bars for breakfast
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Kashi blueberry waffles 2 of them are 150 calories and you can get light syrup, or add freshy strawberries. Special K cereal with berries with a banana.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i eat 12 grain bread toasted 2 slices with 2 tabble spoons of whipped peanut butter. is soooo good...
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    how bout bagel thins spread w/peanut butter & sliced banana.....yumm ;)
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I try to start my day with 30 g of protein....a couple of days a week I mix it up with cereal...overall when I start out with so much protein, my hunger is pretty much in check for the day....
  • HeidiM78
    HeidiM78 Posts: 58
    Options
    Blend some fruit, a bit of yoghurt and a little aotbran together to up your fruit intake and have a lovely breakfast.
  • HeidiM78
    HeidiM78 Posts: 58
    Options
    Or lightly beat 1 egg in a shallow dish, take 1 slice wholewheat toast and soak up the egg with it. Then fry (using Spray and Cook) until golden on both sides. My hubby loves this version of french toast
  • sarahgallienne81
    Options
    My Breakfast includes 100g of Soya Yoghurt and 20g fruit and nut mix
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    go whole egg, the added calories are going to have to be accounted for but about 70% of the vitamins are in the yolk which you want in your diet. I love eggs and I make about 8 different omelets I also love using a nice grainy wrap with them or top with salsa. feel free to check out my diary as it is public to see what I mean.
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Home-made fruit salad with a cup of greek yogurt over it!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I like Greek yogurt and berries. I use frozen berries and let them thaw in the yogurt, the juice adds flavor to the yogurt (makes a yummy purple color too) and since its still cold it has a frozen treat feel to it. Mix in some nuts for more protein and calories.
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also live yoghurt (fat free) and fruit - I use a little vanilla or cinnamon to sweeten the yoghurt as I find lain yoghurt can be a bit sour.

I also love eggs - can't bring myself to go without the yolk, I think the flavour is so worth the extra calories. Poached is my favourite but will take them anyway they come :smile:
  • futballuvr73
    futballuvr73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Vegan here!
    I am positively ADDICTED to scrambled tofu! Saute onions and shrooms (usually add peppers, chopped broccoli, whatever!) and crumble in the tofu. Season with a pinch of turmeric (for color), salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. A lot of times I'll add in smoked paprika too for that bacony flavor! Put 1/3 of the batch into a whole wheat pita (eat both halves and it's about 290 calories, 19g protein and around 6g fiber!) and YUMMMMY! Mix up the veggies and seasonings- possibilities are endless! Add diced potatoes and make it like hash and skip the pita!
  • scopelk
    scopelk Posts: 43
    Options
    toast a josephs pita and top with laughing cow ,then top with scrambled egg and either turkey bacon or sausage. add a bit of picante sauce. just like a mini pizza and under 300 cal
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sliced green apples and peanut butter (natural, not that sugar-laden crap) delicious and very filling!