Hello from Lancaster, PA!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new to MFP and I'm looking to connect with others in a similar weight loss journey! I'm 25 years old, married, and have 3 fur babies, a mini Schnauzer named Roxie, a Persian mix cat named Ray, and a domestic shorthair cat named Orion. I live in Lancaster PA and work in a cardiac unit at a local hospital. I've been doing another diet plan for a year and since the company came out with a new program, I havent been able to lose weight! I'm down 68 pounds and have about another 130 to go. I hope to get to know you all! :-)

Amanda

Replies

• GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    Hello and Welcome Amanda;)
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome ... you will find motivation, inspiration and encouragement here.
  • PartTimeSarah
    PartTimeSarah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I too came off of another diet plan, but because I had to go to grad school, and I don't think I could have maintained my weight loss without MFP. I still have a lot to go, but if I can do it, you can too!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I joined in January and I've found it the most easy to use free tool. I also downloaded the app onto my iPhone. :)

Keep us posted with how you're doing!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Roanoke VA! :flowerforyou:
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    hey Miss lancaster I'm over here in red lion just across the river. Hope you love the site! some things are little hard at first, how much to eat, exercise cals ect but once you get it figure out and tweaked its a great system and the support is wonderful. Best of luck and friend your local girl if you want.
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Hey Amanda, welcome to the group. I used to live in Lancaster County.....graduated from E-town High School. MFP is great. I've been around just a short time and I am greatly encouraged by how friendly people are and how willing everyone is to help. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for encouragement and accountability.
  • swopoe
    swopoe Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I am loving MFP so far!

I used to go to college in Lancaster. I miss it out there!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hello Amanda!!! I grew up in Leola, PA (currently living in Bensalem, PA but get to Lancaster from time to time to visit my parents)!

I am sure that you can find success here and you will certainly have all the support that you could ever ask for!! Feel free to friend me! Best of luck to you as you work to achieve your goals!!!
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    So nice to see so many people from my neck of the woods! :-) And such great friendly people around too!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
  • mt2008
    mt2008 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I'm over in Camp Hill (near Harrisburg), so not too far away! I recently tried WW and decided to come back to MFP. I also have a few furbabies myself (two dogs). Good luck on your journey!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Lancaster County too! It's nice to see people on here from the area! Welcome!
  • shona1983
    shona1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

I am new to this too. I was following WW previously but it stopped working for me so I am hoping this helps. Good luck xx
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm in Lancaster County too! Originally from NJ but moved out here 2 1/2 years ago and LOVE it! Nice to see others from the area on here!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bringing back an old post....From Ephrata PA looking for a gym partner. You'll get in free with my membership. Inbox me if interested.