Fish Oil Supplement

Options
I have been hearing a lot about fish oil supplements and curious who takes them and what brand, type and doses you take. also what benefits have you seen in taking it.

I bought Nature made, 1200mg Fish Oil Liquid Softgel. There were so many different options!!! Hoping for some joint pain relief!

Replies

• futuremrsleto
    Options
    Hi there! I started taking Fish Oil about 3 months ago. I have seen very positive results. I actually take the exact ones you bought. I try to take two a day but normally take one every morning. I have a better mood, my hair has grown, going to be honest and say it keeps me regular :wink: haha. I am a runner and I found that since taking them I just feel better over all after my long runs and such.

Hope this helped you out. I hope you have the same positive results that I did.

p.s. Hopefully you dont get the fish burps. I have with other brands and its awful. Havent had them yet with this brand.
  • aholtz1
    aholtz1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I take Nutrilite Omega 3 fish oil softgel...Which I love and has helped with my Memory retention and an overall benifit to my health.
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started taking Fish Oil about 3 months ago. I have seen very positive results. I actually take the exact ones you bought. I try to take two a day but normally take one every morning. I have a better mood, my hair has grown, going to be honest and say it keeps me regular :wink: haha. I am a runner and I found that since taking them I just feel better over all after my long runs and such.

Hope this helped you out. I hope you have the same positive results that I did.

p.s. Hopefully you dont get the fish burps. I have with other brands and its awful. Havent had them yet with this brand.

That for the input! I am also a runner, so that is super encouraging. I was wondering about the 'burps'. I just burped this morning and was like "ewww", lol. I think water will help. Thanks again!
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    I take Naturemade also. I always take one in the morning and I take one with dinner about half the time. I also use ground flax seed in a lot of recipes.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I went and saw a nutritionist and she recommended I take fish oils the brand I take is Nordic, she said it was a good brand because the ingredients they use, I got it from Wegmans, if you don't have a Wegmans where you are you should be able to get them from a whole food store. 2 capsules a day, it has a lot of benefits.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont like the tablets and capsules, so I'm currently taking cod liver oil with malt (Boots own brand) - it's like a sticky black syrup. I actually quite like the taste.

I was having a problem with tennis elbow, and years of dancing have left me with weak and "clicky" ankles, so I'm trying this to see if it improves those niggles.
  • futuremrsleto
    Options
    Haha I know they are disgusting. I make sure to drink alot of water with mine and I take them with a meal.
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I came across this post because I've been looking into different nutrition supplements.

My first question .. of course .. does the pill have a "fishy" taste to it?! I absolutely CANNOT stand that taste, and "fish oil" makes me think of it!

I'm interested in the Nature Made as you mentioned above .. where did you purchase the product at, and what's an average cost? Just curious!

Thanks guys!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    the suppplement itself doesn't taste bad at all since it is a softgel. but do have a little case of the 'fish burps'. So i can taste a little fishy-ness when i burp. there were some different types that were 'burpless', so maybe that would have been a better choice. i got these at my local Rite Aid. It was $18 for a 180 count bottle. This Nature Made brand was buy one get one free, so I was able to pick up another bottle of my multi for free.
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I take one each morning. I take Costco/Kirkland Brand and I love it.
    I occasionally get a fishy burp, but not all the time.
    I LOVE these, I have noticed improvement!
  • pwiggy
    pwiggy Posts: 17
    Options
    I have taken them for years, as part of treatment for m.s. Under the advise of my nuero. If you keep them in the fridge it helps reduce the fish burps, taking them with meals also helps