what did you eat today?

I want to hear from some sucessfull people on what they ate today. I'm looking for new ideas.

Replies

• I want to hear from some sucessfull people on what they ate today. I'm looking for new ideas.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    cheerios
    3 strawberries
    1/2 cup milk

coffee w/2% milk
    splenda

Home Made pizza
    1 slice
    1/4 cup low fat mozzerella
    loaded with kinds of veggie
    1/3 link turkey italian sausage

mixed salad with 1 tlbs homemade italian ovoo

turkey
    carrots
    salad
    (cuz I had so much bread at lunch...yummy!)
  • lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Lunch I made my own personal pizza...

i made it w/ tortilla wrap and put little bit of boboli saice and loaded it up w/ veggies like mushroom, olives, corn, cilantro, basil, onion, garlic, sprinle moterella cheese on it so it holds everything together and bake at 400 and then broiled the top for a little bit and its so good!! guilt free for me!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Breakfast:
    3/4 cup cereal
    1/2 cup milk

Snack:
    handful of pretzels
    cheese stick

Lunch:
    Smoked turkey sausage with mustard
    1 cup of peas

I am eating dinner with a bunco group tonight, so I left myself about 800 calories to spare. Just in case! I power walked for an hour today, that gave me an extra 250 calories for the day!
    It helps me sometimes to plug in my food before I eat, then I know how much to really have!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Almost every day I have oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast.
    For lunch I mainly have a salad, with the WishBone raspberry bliss spritzer.
    For snacks I have a Fiber One bar, a Special K bar, and an apple.
    Then for supper I can have meat and potatoes or rice, with usually no salt added canned vegs.
    I always try to make sure that I have plenty of numbers left so that my night time snack is icecream! I absolutely LOVE Edy's slow churned, no sugar added icecream!
    Most of the time I can't believe how "easy" it has been to lose the 38 pounds I've lost. I'm eating plenty of good, healthy foods, and STILL get to have icecream almost every night!
    I just can't say enough good things about MFP and all the wonderfully supportive members!
  • Dinner was my favorite.....boneless skinless chicken breast fillets cut up and cooked with olive oil, onions, bellpeppers, home roasted garlic (garlic baked with a drop of olive oil), tomatoes, and fresh mushrooms. Throw in whatever seasonings you like and toss with angel hair pasta...Yummy! Fat content because of the olive oil is a little high but as we all know.....at least its good fat! :wink:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Breakfast: a meal replacement shake
    Lunch: a fruit smoothie and a salad
    Dinner: scrambled eggs and some oatmeal

for snacks i've had an apple, and a 100 cal pack
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Special K with Almonds
    Soy milk
    Nectarine

PB & J on Whole Wheat
    Banana
    Strawberry Yogurt

Lemon Garlic Turkey Tenderloin
    Brown Rice
    Patty Pan Squash
    Zucchini
    Carrots
    (All sauteed together!)
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    1 cup shreddies with 1 cup soy milk
    Dempsters whole grain bread (1 slice) with onion and chives cream cheese
    2 slices Dempsters whole grain bread with !/2 can salmon

did 10 minutes on the elliptical and a 25 brisk walk part run

snack is going to be 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 bag of orville redinbacher's low fat popcorn
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    I'm giving you a few options that I are my go to usuals.

---- Breakfast ----

Option 1:
    Home made Omelet (1/2 cup of Egg Beaters, one slice of Fat Free American Cheese, 1 1/2 ou. of boars head honey ham..spray the pan with a little Pam) - slice of Nature's Own Honey Wheat Light Bread with a couple squirts of I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray and 1/2 tbsp. of Sugar Free Orange Marmalade - 1/4 fat free Breakstone's cottage cheese sprinkled with splenda

Option 2:
    Quakers 100 calorie Oatmeal Original - There's endless things to mix with it. Try things like Yoplait's Thick and Creamy French Vanilla yogurt with some granola sprinkles, splash of vanilla extract with cinnamon and splenda mixed with half a banana, a variety of fruits or even some apple butter !! Yum-O!

Depending on what you mix with the oatmeal..I still try and have some cottage cheese or a bowl of cereal.

Option 3:
    Protein Shake (endless possibilites!) with toast or a mini bagel

Lunch

Option 1: (If I didn't have bread with breakfast)
    Two Slices of Honey Wheat Bread (80 cals!), 1/2 tbsp. of fat free mayo, couple pieces of lettuce, and my choice of Boars Head meat (turkey, ham, roast beef, chicken)
    Laughing Cow cheese wedge with 1.5 oz. of baby carrot sticks

Option 2:
    Hungry Girl's Fetticinine Alfredo (sooo goood!!)

Option 3:
    Homemade Waldorf Salad
    (Lettuce with 4 oz. meats, 1 tbsp. of cranberries, 1/2 pear, sunflower seeds with fat free raspberry vinegarette dressing)

---- Dinner ----

Option 1:
    Tyson's Boneless skinless Chicken Tenderloins (3-4 oz.) sauteed with Pam, onions, garlic and salt
    A cup of any green veggie (broccoli, asparagus, green beans, peas, spinach...)
    Either half a sweet potato, 3 small red skin potatoes or butternut squash

Option 2:
    4 oz. White Fish (grouper, snapper, sea bass)
    Green Veggie
    Salad with Spritzer

Option 3:
    Sushi or Sashimi
    Miso Soup
    Salad with 2 tbsp. of Ginger Dressing

Snacks

Anything and everything..I don't deprive myself when it comes to snacks. I'll have anything from a mini chocolate bar or a homemade brownie (Hungry Girl makes a 88 cal one! Delish!) to fruits to 100 cal snack pack to yogurt to cheese slices. Just make sure you save yourself the calories for the day!

Have fun with it and like I said NEVER deprive yourself or you won't go very far. And if you blow it for a meal don't go haywire for the day..just get back on track the next meal. In the end you won't be doing that bad. It takes 3500 cals to gain a lb! But in the same token it takes the same amount to lose it!

Good luck! :drinker:

75357.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    1 med egg w/ cheese and 1 slice of 40 cal toast (breakfast sandwich)

4oz low sodium deli turkey dipped in mustard
    4 oz cooked brocolli
    3/4 cup fresh pineapple

4oz chicken
    4oz cooked brocolli
    1 slice 40 cal bread
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Not enough!

Brekkie:

1 cup fat free milk
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    1 tbsp maca powder
    4 tsp sugar free coffee mix
    1 piece flax/fiber bread
    1 tbsp natural PB

Lunch:

3 oz baked salmon
    1/3 cup corn
    1/4 cup cranberry sauce (can't help myself, LOVE this stuff!)
    whole wheat roll, 1 oz.
    1 cup fat free milk

Pre-workout:
    1/2 cup grape nuts
    1.5 cups fat free milk

Post-workout:
    1 cup low-sodium V8 (i can't explain how much I hate this stuff)
    1 cup fat free milk

Soooo I had like 700 calories left over, and I'm going to fill them with a delicious calzone from my boyfriend...he's a cook and tells me everything that goes into them so I can count the cals, woohoo!

Yes....I love love love love milk. I go through about two gallons a week...yummy Lactaid milk :happy:
  • Kashi go lean, 2% milk

Yoplait Light, 1/2 cup granola

pastrami on wheat, banana, 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese

carrot sticks, ranch dip

Haven't decided on dinner yet!
  • special k 90cal cereal bar
    yougart
    mango slices- 5 of them actually
    nachos - chips beans. cheese and sour cream
    and a lean cusiene pizza
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Wow I look like a piglet with all my food even before the calzone...ah well, I ran hard today. :blushing:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Breakfast: 2 pieces marble rye toast with a touch of butter and a glass of OJ
    Snack: apple
    Lunch: Amy's frozen Santa Fe Bowl
    Snack: Nature Valley Trail Mix Bar (yum), and then a small handful of toasted pecan halves later
    Dinner: veggie omelet on a slice of marble rye (hey, I gotta eat it while it's fresh!)
    Dessert: rainbow sherbet :blushing: - I have a cold and it felt nice on my throat

Usually I'll have 1/3 cup granola mixed with 1/3 cup whole milk yogurt for breakfast (delicious and filling), or 1 cup soy milk and 1 scoop Health Smart orange smoothie powder (the serving size is 2 scoops, but since the mix has yogurt in it that is way too thick for me).

I'm already looking forward to my lunch tomorrow - I'm going to finish up the marble rye and make a Tofurky sandwich with lettuce, tomato, Cabot 50% fat-free cheddar and mustard. I LOOOVE that sandwich. :happy:
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    B- 1 fiber one pop tart

s- 100 calorie pack

L- turkey smoked sausage, baked beans, baked fries

s- smart ones dessert

d- small panko crusted chicken tenderloin, baked yam- glass of white wine

1274 cal 28 grams fat
  • well today im very proud of myself :smile: first time i ate 3 meals in like over a month :flowerforyou: i love this site anyway

B- Farm - Skim Milk, 0.5 cup- 55 calories
    Kellogg's - Sultana Bran, 1 bowl (45g)- 153 calories (:embarassed: )

L- Bakers Delight - Apricot Delight roll, 1 roll -205 Calories (not the best but i ate lunch and im proud)

D- Woolsworth - Sausage Roll, 1 sauage roll- 107 calories

Drinks: 7-eleven - Regular Slurpee (super), 0.45 cup - 257 calories (okay kill me now)

Total calories for the day- 777 :yawn: i should have done more exercise
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I had a 3 egg omelet with american cheese and 16 oz water.

Yep, started Atkins this A.M.

Woo Hoo.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!