Treating myself okay?

Elise1395
Elise1395 Posts: 17 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everybody! I just had a quick question about treating yourself every once in a while. I've stuck to my calorie goals perfectly for about a week now, and after already logging in my breakfast and lunch, I still have over 800 left. I'm seeing a friend today that I haven't seen in a year, and I was wondering if I could use these calories for junk food (hot dog, fries, chips, etc.) I'm still planning on staying within my calorie goals, but is it still really bad to use my calories on foods like this? Will I gain weight/water weight?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    I dont know what is right or wrong, but I would use them. Its a one off. Hope you have a good catchup. Just drink lots of water too.xx
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    lol you will gain water weight, and feel sickly bloated
    just work out that day that your going to pig out and it wont be as bad
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    This is life enjoy it!!!!!! Live large maybe even go over. one day does not a life make! string to many one days in a row and than you have a problem but your not there so......... Enjoy your day
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Its fine every once in a while. Don't worry about it. Its the people who eat fattening foods everyday that have to worry about cholesterol or health problems. Treating yourself here and there within your calories is fine to me, and won't hurt your weight loss.

Plus, this is reality. We'd all love to eat only veg and perfect amounts of protein, but we have to live in the real world, and make that work for us.
  • theraylene
    theraylene Posts: 20 Member
    Use them if you want, and being aware that you are PLANNING to use them is good! Another thing to think about? Getting over the idea that "junk food" is a treat--go for the good stuff!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    You have to have a lil' fun in life. Eat one junkie thing with your friend but try not to binge. If your craving something, have a lil' bit of it then get back on track. There is no rule that says you can never have junk food. Everything works out when done in moderation. Sounds like you are doing great, have fun with your friend :)
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    I definitly think you deserve a day or a meal where you can just enjoy yourself and not obsess over what your doing. As long as you can enjoy your food in moderation (you'll just end up feeling sick and dissapointed if you binge).
    Plus, if you're within your calorie range, you should be fine (save for some water weight) - enjoy your night out with your friend :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Eat them if you like just be aware you will fell bloated and might feel sick to your stomach if you havent eaten like that in a while. You might want to eat slowly and when you start to feel the "icks" coming on from it then you can stop and save yourself some anquish later on. Once you get that crap out of your system and eat only healhty stuff you body does NOT like the crap being put back into it. At the same time this will be a good learning experiance for you and will help to break you of any cravings you may have for that sort of thing. You might want to see if you could go for a healthier alternative like turkey hot dogs or turkey burgers or even baca burgers. Eat a big salad first. Eat some nuts before going out with your friend. OR just give it a try and see what happens and how you feel. Have fun either way and enjoy yourself. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.