Chicken Breast crockpot/slow cooker recipes anyone?

Options
allison7922
allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
Kinda tired of all the old ways I cook chicken breast. Does anyone have any slow cooker recipes they could share? Thanks!

Replies

• BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i would like to know also.:smile:
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Throw in one cup of white wine with one packet of dry spaghetti seasoning. I also add in two cloves of reshly chopped garlic, but that's not part of the original recipe. Then just add chicken breasts. Cook until done (usually about 4-5 hours on low.) Remove the chicken and either leave whole or cut it up. I serve it on gluten free pasta or over brown rice. Spoon the "sauce" over the chicken.

I haven't tried it, but I think adding in veggies in the last hour of cooking would be good. Bell peppers (especially sweet red or yellow ones), onion, tomatoes, etc.

I'm not sure of the nutritional value since this recipe I've had for a while. I'll put it into the calculator on here and see what I get! :)
  • Jenni268
    Options
    I used the calculator and the calorie count for just the chicken and the sauce is 219 per serving. Not bad! If it would get paired with something healthy, then it would actually be a very good meal!!!!!!!!!!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    thanks, sounds yummy!
  • Roukie
    Roukie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe, it's so easy and so tasty. It only has 261 calories for one serving. I had mine with spaghetti squash, there's only 42 calories in 1 cup.
    My entire family loved this meal, it's on my list of regular meals.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-cacciatore/Detail.aspx

Ingredients
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
    2 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
    8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1 onion, finely diced
    2 tablespoons minced garlic
    Directions
    1.Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Top with the spaghetti sauce, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
    2.Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.

Enjoy!
  • Missy1021
    Missy1021 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I like to take a whole chicken and rub with garlic powder and black pepper. Place in slow cooker and squeeze half a lemon onto chicken then slice other half of lemon and place lemon slices onto chicken and cook. I eat the breast and DH and kids eat the rest..very yummy served with wheat pasta tossed in olive oil and grated parmesean cheese with a side of brocolli.
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MDichoso
    MDichoso Posts: 10
    Options
    Have you tried the Gina's Skinny Taste website for healthy recipes? It's my favorite new recipe site. Here's a crockpot idea for chicken breast. I made this for a potluck dinner for a scouting event, and it was GONE with people begging for more!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html

There are other chicken breast crockpot recipes as well.

Enjoy!
  • amwells82
    amwells82 Posts: 12
    Options
    All the recipes on here sound so yummy!! I'm having my husband pull out the slow cooker now...lol
  • silvergrace
    Options
    Throw in one cup of white wine with one packet of dry spaghetti seasoning.

I've never heard of spaghetti seasoning packets. Who makes them?
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Gina's Skinny Taste website for healthy recipes? It's my favorite new recipe site. Here's a crockpot idea for chicken breast. I made this for a potluck dinner for a scouting event, and it was GONE with people begging for more!

Enjoy!
    Will be checking this site out! Thanks!
  • Jenni268
    Options
    Throw in one cup of white wine with one packet of dry spaghetti seasoning.

I've never heard of spaghetti seasoning packets. Who makes them?

A couple of different brands Lawry's, McCormicks, probably some others. You can usually pick them up near the spices or soup. Our store has about 1/4 of an aisle filled with dry seasoning packets with anything from spaghetti and taco seasoning to other crockpot seasonings and gravy mixes, etc.
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    One of my faves:

6 chicken breasts
    1 envelope dry italian dressing
    1 brick low-fat or fat-free cream cheese
    1 can low-fat cream of chicken soup

Cook on low 4-6 hours. Serve breasts whole or shredded over whole wheat pasta or rice (or anything else you prefer!).
  • crebbe
    crebbe Posts: 18
    Options
    Top Chicken Breast with a block of low/non fat cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
    Top with jar of green Ortega Salsa
    Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done

Someone posted this recipe before and when I tried it I couldnt believe how simple and delicious it was. I ate it plain and in tacos, then used the liquid as a soup base with cilantro, onions, and diced tomato. I crave it all the time, yum!
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    I cook a chicken crock pot recipe at least once a week, typically throwing whatever I can find in there with the chicken to try new ideas.

This is great and is quick and easy!

1 -2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 jar of your favorite salsa

Cook on low for 3.5 hours, the chicken shreds itself!

Great for shredded chicken tacos, and it is like 180 calories!
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options

Enjoy!
    Will be checking this site out! Thanks!

This site is fantastic, thanks for sharing!
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    4 chicken breasts
    1 bottle bullseye bbq sauce
    1/4 cup italian dressing

Put chicken breasts in slow cooker. Mix dressing and bbq sauce in separate bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks and stir to mix the sauce in all the shredded chicken. Reduce heat to low (or keep warm) for 30 minutes. Serve on rolls or over rice.

308 calories for chicken plus whatever you put in on.
  • iq5203
    iq5203 Posts: 17
    Options
    One thing I'd add to these recipes in general, if you have a bit more time: brown the chicken and sautee the veggies before they go into the crockpot. Way more flavour.