10.6 Mile Hike!!!

Options
sejune
sejune Posts: 15 Member
Hey everyone!

Well, through the use of this site, I am in the best physical shape I have ever been in. I've lost 42 lbs, and wouldn't mind losing a few more, and I know I will. Now that I am in shape, I am getting active...outside of my normal exercise routine! I entered my first 5K race, and I have been doing a lot of hiking, more and more and this past week I decided to tackle a HUGE hike!

I took a ton of pictures, and some video of the awesome overlooks. Come check it out, and if you have time, drop a comment as to what you think! My blog, as it has been told to me by many, has been inspirational to them to get motivated to get into a healthy lifestyle.

So...check it out! http://themisplacedalaskan.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-feet-on-table.html

Thanks!

Jeremy

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Nice to finally see a 'neighbor' on here. ;). Isn't table rock gorgeous? Check out South Mountains SP, Horsepasture Falls, Rainbow Falls... ;)
  • Kelsey214
    Kelsey214 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures and adorable dog, great job on the awesome hike
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Aww - I got excited when I saw Alaskan - but alas, you're misplaced. We're implants, been here ten years now. What a beautiful hike! I can't wait for hiking weather here.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful area to live in. I love hiking and met my wife on the Appalachian Trail. She was a through hiker and I was on a day hike. Glad to see you taking advantage of hiking. Great exercise, great calorie burn, and great way to enjoy God's creation! I have turned into a trail runner, which I do with my two girls (dogs, that is). You might try trail running; it's a great way to combine running and hiking getting all the benefits of both.
  • ascrof
    ascrof Posts: 34
    Options
    great job....i also love to hike and get out every chance i can. Finding a way to exercise and have fun is what its all about. I plan on thru-hiking the AT with my son in 7 years when he gets out of high school
  • sejune
    sejune Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! The mountains down here are beautiful and I am looking forward to exploring more here and enjoying God's artistry!

johnwhitent- Great story about how you met your wife...how cool!

deeharley- Where in Alaska are you?

Kelsey214- Thanks! Juneau is an awesome dog! I love him so much!

Flyntiggr- Where in the area are you? We (wife and I) live in Spartanburg.