It's now or never...

lphoenix129
lphoenix129 Posts: 21
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm new to MFP...just started using it on Sunday. Two of my sisters use it, and I never thought I could count calories, but MFP makes it so easy. I am 26 yrs old, and currently weigh 170 lbs. My heaviest weight has been 175, but I've been sick a lot the last few weeks and managed to shed 5 lbs. In high school I was always skinny, due to a high metabolism. All that changed when I hit 20. It wasn't such a bad thing, but I wasn't active enough to keep up with the changes in my body. My goal weight is 130 lbs. I refuse to go through another summer in anything but a bikini! I've read a lot of the posts, and they're very encouraging. I'm hoping this is just the support I need to get the weight off once and for all.

I hope to get some before pictures up very soon! I know how important it is to see my progress.

Replies

• Heyamy
    Heyamy Posts: 2
    Welcome! I'm new to counting calories as well but - you're right- mfp makes it really easy!:drinker:
    A lot of great people here that don't judge and are willing to offer their support.
    Have FUN!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Glad to see you on here. I just want you to realize 40lbs is a lot to lose in just a few months. So don't get upset if it isn't all off by then. You will actually be lucky to get off 2lbs a week. If you lose any faster then it will most likely come right back and maybe even more. So take it slow and steady to win this race. Have fun with it and you should do fine. :):happy:
  • MFP Has become more than just a calorie counter. I feel like I am border line obsessed! It has made this getting healthy thing a whole lot easier!!!! Good luck and all the support in the world!
  • I know 40 lbs is a lot to lose in a short amount of time. I'm not trying to put too much pressure on myself, so it's not like I expect it to be off by the beginning of the summer. The great thing about Texas weather is it's hot for quite a while. But sometime before it gets cold, I would like to wear a bikini. Even if I only get to go swimming once! =) I am optimistic that this is the year! I think I will look for a bikini or two now just to have as added motivation.
This discussion has been closed.