What is the STUPIDEST thing you saw today?

Options
pauldbarnhart
pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
Here's something new for the message boards:

Post the stupidist thing you saw someone do today. I'll start:

This guy, driving a full size pickup truck, pulls into the parking lot, and passes about 6 or 8 empty spots, all side by side, and then tries to pull into a spot between a tree (surrounded by a curb) and a Mercedes. He hits the curb. So, he backs up and tries again, only to hit the curb again. I watched this man work for more than 5 minutes to get his truck in that spot. He must have backed up and tried at least 15 times, hitting the curb each time, when he could have simply backed up and parked between two empty spots just 15 feet away.

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I was home almost all day except for going to class, so I don't have anything. Maybe tomorrow.
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    today I went to costco.... after my shopping trip, I pushed my cart into the empty stall beside my car I opened my car door and proceeded to put my 10month old into her car seat.... as I was buckling up my lil girl a man in a white neon pulls into the stall beside me. He drives up until he is within a few feet of my grocery cart and sits there half way into the parking stall and stares at me like "get out of the way!" ..... the parking lot was like half empty and I couldn't move the cart now cuz he had blocked me in. If he couldn't see my cart was still VERY full so I wasn't moving anytime soon. He sits there and revs his engine! then he finally backs up and moves over a few feet and pulls in right beside my cart almost touching it. It just made me laugh. Can't you see that i am loading a kid and a full cart of groceries into my car? Park 2 more spots over and walk 10 more feet to the door! Seriously!
  • sedwards2010
    Options
    I didnt see anything stupid, but I did something.

lol I was walking in high heel shoes (which I dont do often) and I wasn't paying attention, so part of the sidewalk became uneven and I stumbled and almost hit a pole. Well then I spent another two hours in those stupid shoe that were killing my feet. lol I felt that it was stupid idea not to change shoes. At least I didnt get hurt and it was a little funny. ^^
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Two different guys that took their leashed dogs to the park just so the dogs could poo. Didn't walk around with the dogs, run or anything. Walk in a couple feet, poo, walk out. This park is in a housing tract so both of these guys have a front and back yard.
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    My boss
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I was leaving the grocery store parking lot and had to swerve hard right to avoid the doofus who was making a left turn into my lane. Mind you he had a lane big enough to fit two cars to turn into and plenty of time to do it right, but NO, he had to turn right into me. I'm not sure he even realized that he was driving on my side of the road. Need I mention that he was elderly? But not that elderly - he looked about 60.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm a police officer so I see stupid things all the time.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'm a police officer so I see stupid things all the time.

Run homies!! It's da' fuzz!!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    At the stop light exiting my neighborhood, the road has three lanes: incoming, left turn out, right turn out. I always have to be careful because people turning left in will cut across the out going lanes, so much that they will clip the right turn lane and their entire car will be in the left turn. I don't know how many times I've almost got hit by one of these stupid people flying around this corner.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I heard something that I thought was "interesting" at the laundromat last night.

An older woman said to a younger woman probably young enough to be her granddaughter (not sure who they were to each other):

"If he does anything mean to you, you just let me know because I'm looking for an excuse to kick his ---." :noway:
  • pauldbarnhart
    Options
    Here's the first stupid thing I saw today:

A woman gets on the plane with a suitcase almost as big as she is. It won't fit going down the aisle of the plane, and she thinks that somehow she's going to fit it in the overhead bin.... of course, she can't lift it either, but that's another story.:noway:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yesterday afternoon, we were outside working in the yard when the neighbor came out with his dogs. Our dog bolted across the street, took a flying leap and proceeded to do a head roll right on across the street. Silly animal. She came scooting home...head hung in shame.
  • sedwards2010
    Options
    I hear a silly joke....

How many Emo kids does it take to screw in a light bulb?

F them, just let them cry in the dark.

As a former child of the dark clothing, I still found this to be funny.
  • HeidiM78
    HeidiM78 Posts: 58
    Options
    A womhad her baby in a rear facing car seat, but the kid was not strapped into the chair and the chair was not strapped into the car.

That is pretty stupid, I reckon
  • pauldbarnhart
    Options
    Not that this is unusual, but the stupidest thing I've seen so far today was the guy on the highway, who went from the far left lane, crossing two lanes of traffic to squeeze into the far right lane between two cars, then slammed on brakes to make the exit. Nearly caused a multi car pileup. :grumble: