High Carb Dinner

Options
My friend is coming over tonight and I'm making dinner and we're having a little wine with it. I'm making a whole wheat pasta dish with chicken, asaparagus, and red peppers. I'll also have a light side salad first. I have the meal and wine completely fitting into my day of calories and carbs with some left over too. But obviously i have a high carb count (66) for my dinner which I usually avoid.

Will this hurt my weight loss effort for the week? How much does high carbs at dinner matter if you still stay under your carbs and calorie amount for the day? I've heard it matters alot, but i've also heard it's all about calories in vs calories out. Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One meal is unlikely to throw you way off.
  • mjjenkerson
    Options
    If you weigh in daily, you might notice it tomorrow. For the week overall, it will not hurt your progress.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Agree with Melanie, one meal can't possibly make any difference..lighten up & enjoy yourself..this is for life remember..you can't be regimented every day..you still have to have a life!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other replies, but one thought I had is that when we take in too many carbs (or fat or protein or whatever) our body can only process so much of it, so whatever it doesn't process right away may get stored. But I am no expert...
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    go do a hardcore workout and cardio and your body will love you for those carbs when you eat them