Anyone around 140 trying to get in the 120's?

Options
Seeing if anyone out there has my same goals and wants to friend me! I haven't opened up to anyone but a few "real life" friends on here and a handful of others...but could use the support....I give good encouragement back!

I was at 145 when I stepped on the scale back in December and wanted to faint. I am only 5'3" and was never that heavy. Finally got back in the 130's. My 20 year hs reunion is in June and I need to get back to my college hotness (I say college, because I was 140 my sr year of hs-but only 120 in college)....

Replies

• hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am currently 145-ish, wanting to get into the 125 area! Need the encouragement! =) Let's do this!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' nothing, and 140 lbs. aiming for around 120 ish.

right now I'm struggling having lost nothing over the last 10 weeks despite exercising more and eating better, so I'm bowing to the wisdom of others here and bumping my calories up from MFP's 1200 to 1380 to see if that does something.

Feel free to friend me and we can chase away the lbs.....
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi! I got up to 153 after 6 kids and now am down to 144, so far. 5' 3" also!

Good luck to ya! Sent a request...
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I started back up on here at 145 in jan and am currently at 137 and could use some more motivation and would love to help motivate others.
  • sweet1020
    sweet1020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    me too! I'm trying to get to the 120s but it's hard.
  • tracey1986
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 140 pounds. The lowest i got to last year was 126 for my sisters wedding but put it straight back on. I wouldn't mind losing half a stone by summer!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on MFP at 144. I'd love to get to 115, but I set my goal at 120 because I would be happy with that. I'm turning 50 this year and really want to get back to my mid-40's body. I'm only 5"2, so every bit I gain shows. Too bad it doesn't come off as easy as it went on. :ohwell:
  • jaydemikaela
    jaydemikaela Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was 140, trying to get to around 126. I'm 5"6 :)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 150's, trying to get to 125 or so. It's really hard, but totally worth it in the end. Best of luck!
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3" and I started at 140. I'm now 136 and trying to get into my 120's. And funnily enough, my 10 yr high school reunion is this year.

It's a slow battle but I'm finally doing something about it. I'm already a lot stronger and my cardio endurance is WAY up (Thanks Jillian!)

We'll get there, I believe in us :D
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Let me just say that yes I fit this, but having started at 174 (and actually my high weight was in the 180s) it is CRAZY to me that i fit in this category. 141 currently, trying for 125-130 ish
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Me!!! :happy:
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and currently 128. I started at 145 with a goal of 125. I am working on the last few pounds and toning everything up so I've been right where you are.

Feel free to friend me if you like. :)
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    Yep! I started at 154 on Feb 7th. Right now I am 141.2 and am going to lose back to my pre 40's weight of 120'ish! So, I would love to be your friend and journey this with you!
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow...thanks guys!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone get their inner hotness out!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yep! I started at 159.8 (yikes!) Currently 142 and want to get to 115, I'm only 5'1'...happy to be a support and a friend!
  • nextstepsailing
    Options
    That me! I love being 119 for the brief time I was there, but strangers thought that I had Aides and was dieting.

On the bright side - 125- 129 is fine with me, but it always seems to turn into 140 again. Maybe I should try the low 130's. I am at 142 now +1, but I do feel better with the cardio.

Look forward being MFP
  • rharvey75495
    Options
    I'm just getting started on this. I started having serious issues with my thyroid last fall, have inched up the scale from around 135 to 146...now that I think I've gotten my meds right, it's time to shed those unwanted pounds! I'm 5'7" and this is day 2...my goal is to be down to 133 by my birthday, June 2nd. I'm really excited about this site and the calorie and exercise counting tools....I'm counting everything, on both counts...praying for awesome results....trip to the gulf coast planned for mid July, I'd love to feel good enough to wear a bikini (top at least, even if I still wear my swim shorts on the bottom). My final goal would be to be in the mid 120s...I like to focus on my short term goals though as those seem more attainable. Good luck, friends!

Word of encouragement: If you find yourself thinking that you "deserve" that treat, instead remind yourself how much more you DESERVE to look and feel great in your own skin :wink:
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes I am too 143 want to get to 115 but will take 120! I need support big time am turning 50 this yr and it is harder to lose weight now then when I was in my 30's I workout a lot have a gym in my den and every workout dvd out on the market. My problem I can't stop eating! I am hoping MFP will help I have never done this before always tried on my own. :bigsmile:
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragment I am too new to this and am counting everything. I live at a lake community and am tried of covering up hope to get in a bikini too. Very hard at my age to get to that goal, but I am bound and determined!