Time to Start

Options
Hi! My name is Jess and I am about to turn 26. I have been married for almost 5 years and we have a 2 year old son. I have always been a bigger girl but I'm at my biggest weight. I found this app on my iphone and I've loved it ever since. I've tried other calorie counter web sites and they always took to much time and it felt like it took all of my time to input my calories. This site/app has all the foods that I use so I can just click what I eat and get on with life.
I'm ready to be healthy. I've started training for a 5K and I'm feeling great! When I started 5 weeks ago I could barely run for 4 minutes (in 1 minute circuts). Now I'm running for 3 minutes with no problem. I love that I'm getting stronger but I haven't lost any weight. So I'm here to focus on my food intake and balance that with exercise. I need support and that's why I'm here. Thanks for listening.
Jess

Replies

• daniellejg
    Options
    You came to the right place for support :) MFP is full of it. Feel free to add me and we can help each other!
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I want to do a 5k in May for Breast Cancer but I started to late to do my training but I will accomplish the goal of running a 5K this year. Do you have any advice on how I can get trained to do a 5 or 10k? Thanks.
  • bunnybeth14
    bunnybeth14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There are lots of websites to help with training for the 5K just search for couch to 5K. Im also trying to train for Race for lIfe and had got to jogging for 15 mins non-stop but have had a few weeks off cos its hard to juggle with a 6 yr old and 6month old twins! Good luyck with it tho I know Ill need some luck :-)
  • justjess575
    justjess575 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!
    Danielle- I added you as a friends I need all the support I can get.
    Mrs.T- I have an app on my phone called couch to 5K. It's 9 Weeks and each week it gets harder. The first week you warm up and then alternate running for 1 minute and walking for 1 minute and then cool down. I'm up to Warm up, 90 second jog, 90 second walk, 3 minute jog, 3 minute walk (do that twice) and then a cool down. I really like it.
    Bunny- I have that app and I love it. Good luck.