Runners Club - 10/11

Options
Good Morning Friends!

Haven't been posting lately due to busy time at work - but I am still around and running and just wanted to tell everyone that I am running my 1st 1/2 Marathon today! I am sooooo nervous!

Wishing you all the best today and i will check in later today with results!!

xxoo
Tricia

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends!

Haven't been posting lately due to busy time at work - but I am still around and running and just wanted to tell everyone that I am running my 1st 1/2 Marathon today! I am sooooo nervous!

Wishing you all the best today and i will check in later today with results!!

xxoo
    Tricia
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    You can do it Tricia!

Run like someone is chasing you.:noway: (Maybe at the end of the race?)

:heart: -Kechie.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    YAY TRICIA!!!!
    Good job. Let us know how you did!!!

I'm doing my first 5 miler tomorrow morning if I can get off work in time. I'm hoping to do it in 40 minutes. No run for me today.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Good luck!!!

I'm doing a 5 miler today. Hoping to get it done in an hour with my short legs. :laugh:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    First run since Tuesday - been down all week with the stomach flu. :frown: Great day for running outside, but I played it safe and only did 30 minutes on the treadmill.
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Good luck on your 1/2 marathon.
    Beautiful crisp morning! I did five miles with no problems. Need to push through that wall sometime and try 7 miles. Don't want to get too comfy!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. 8 slow and easy miles for me today. Last long run before my race next weekend. Off to a pumpkin patch and Covered Bridge Festival on this gorgeous fall weekend.

Best of luck on the 1/2 tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you have been sick Runnerdad.

Have a great Saturday everyone :happy:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    GOOD LUCK ON THE 1/2!!! You will do great!!

This morning was my first run since my 1/2 on 9/11. I got off my restrictions from surgery just this Thursday. My running partner and I went out this morning at 6am. My last run I wore a tank top and shorts. This morning I was out there in pants, shirt and a hoodie. :noway:

We only went about 3 1/2 miles and WOW am I out of shape! A month off has killed me. :devil: :devil:

Well...time to start the LONG ROAD BACK!

Happy Running!

Ali
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the 1/2 Marathon. Sorry you were sick runnerdad. Hope you are feeling better. Alimassa, don't push it too hard. You don't want to injure yourself and have to wait until you can run again.

Went to the park and did the 6 mile loop around the lake. I had a faster runner pushing me today so I essentially did a 10k in under an hour. Woo Hoo. My personal best and I am excited. We have 2 5ks coming up and I would like to improve those times as well.

To you all you racers good luck and to all you of resting enjoy! Hope everyone has a great run today.
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am not running but still ckecking in to see how you are all doing....

Good luck with everything!

Jane
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I just got back from my 5 miles. I didn't make it in 60 minutes. :cry: It was so windy,a nd got really warm! But I did it in 68 minutes, so I wasn't too far off my goal. I did burn 710 calories! I am now drinking some V8 :sick: (I hate it) and water. I feel good!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A first for me today - running in the wind! :angry: Yikes! We did 6 miles and I ran most of it - a couple walk breaks and a pit stop. That is my farthest yet :happy: Training for my first 10k on Nov. 22. Just hope it is not windy that day! I am coughing and my ears hurt. Do you all wear something over your ears in the wind? My hat did not help.

Have a great weekend!
    Bunny
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran for 40 min today
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Had my 5K race today and get this...I finished 1st in my age group! Not bad, since I was out until 3:30am last night with my old college roommates. Funny how you think you're in college again once you get around your old buds. :happy: My time was 24:05.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!
  • firegirlred
    Options
    Okay-so my five mile race may just have been switched for a 10k. :noway: I haven't run more than five miles in 15 years or so. Any tips?
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Firegirl...My advice would be to go to Runner's World.com, if you haven't already and check out their Smart Coach tool. It will customize a training program for you. I've used it to train for my first 10K and I'm using it to train for my 1st 1/2 in November. Good luck! You can do it!
  • firegirlred
    Options
    Forgot to mention the race was tomorrow.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention the race was tomorrow.
    Don't sweat it!! If you are prepared for the five mile race, the change to 10 K is not significant. Maybe just start out a little slower than you might have otherwise, so you pace yourself appropriately. Actually, if you were planning to go just comfortably hard instead of 'all out', you probably won't even notice the extra mile.
    Good Luck :wink:
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    How come they changed it?

My advice would be do what you can and walk if you have to. But then the first 10K I did I hadn't trained and I did fine. You may surprise yourself, but don't overdo it.

Jane
  • firegirlred
    Options
    Sorry, they didn't change it, I did. I'm stationed in Lakeway and the 10k is in Bee Cave. I get off work at 7 am, and don't know if I can get to Cedar Park in time to register. I'm also not registering because people don't usually notify us of house fires ahead of time... If I get stuck here, I'm out some money.

I don't know which one to do.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.